Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

This is a real shame, as they're great knives. I just ordered a couple of minis in orange while they're still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received the full size Ritter Grip couple of days ago. Am raising funds for the mini version...

20161223_154924_zpsznjtni0i.jpg

Got mine last week wed. or thurs. and waited to open it on Christmas eve.

Got my full size Ritter in the mail today. The pivot was crazy tight! Couldn't even flick it open all the way. I adjusted it and it's smooth as glass, no blade play. Sweet knife!

Mine was the same way. I blue lubed it and flicked it a bunch and it loosened up quite well.

Got my full-sized Ritter in today. I guess that will officially be my last purchase if 2016. This will be my 4th Ritter, all of the others were of the S30V variation, 1 mini and 2 fulls. Happy New Year!

Got my mini Ritter today. Cutest little thing I've ever seen. Odd that something so small can be so bitchin' (I know, I know...that's what she said).

Disappears in or on your pocket. I can see how you could EDC this little beauty. As of today, I like the full size blacked out M4...but we'll see.

One thing is for sure though. Benchmade has a new fanboy (me).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noticed a full size Ritter grip (m390) up for auction over at fleabay... last i checked it was over $225! Strange because when I looked at the KW site it showed they still had them in stock...

Noticed a full size Ritter grip (m390) up for auction over at fleabay... last i checked it was over $225! Strange because when I looked at the KW site it showed they still had them in stock...

Seen this a few times and see no reason for it. A fool and his money I guess.

I only have one Ritter Grip and it's a black bladed mini with Aluminum Wilkins scales.

Maybe I should pick up another mini in M390

I'm just curious and dont mean to sound sarcastic but what is the huge following in the Ritter? Is it just the blade shape? What am I missing? I much prefer the standard drop point? Please don't take this as being critical but I always thought the Ritter blade looked odd in the Grip frame.

I'm just curious and dont mean to sound sarcastic but what is the huge following in the Ritter? Is it just the blade shape? What am I missing? I much prefer the standard drop point? Please don't take this as being critical but I always thought the Ritter blade looked odd in the Grip frame.

Some people feel the more belly shape of the Ritter to be far superior. That's it.

Well, that and it's different. It's always cool to be different.

Some people feel the more belly shape of the Ritter to be far superior. That's it.

Well, that and it's different. It's always cool to be different.

Thanks. I was just curious as seems almost like it has a very loyal fan base. I do see where the extra belly could come in handy in some instances.

Ritter mini blade comes Stonewashed with M390 super steel. Mines came in oiled, no blade play and opens like glass. Don't want to take it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AHHHH, I didn't realize there was a difference in the steel.

14960fe542dc5206cbe6216131551c67.png

BM showing it without scales seems like they're probably coming out with a Ritter with upgraded scales. That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it looks like BM is going to produce the same knife without the Doug Ritter logo and cut him out completely. I suppose this will also allow them to get rid of the dealer exclusive agreement for the knife. I am glad the knife will still be available long term but seems a bit of a dirty deal on the surface if you ask me.

So it looks like BM is going to produce the same knife without the Doug Ritter logo and cut him out completely. I suppose this will also allow them to get rid of the dealer exclusive agreement for the knife. I am glad the knife will still be available long term but seems a bit of a dirty deal on the surface if you ask me.

No way. Look at the pic. The butterfly is still on the right side of the blade, the Ritter logo is still on the show side.

No way. Look at the pic. The butterfly is still on the right side of the blade, the Ritter logo is still on the show side.

Did you see a picture of the new knife under development with the Doug Ritter logo on the other side? Doug said the relationship has ended.

Already had the stonewash S30V mini grip in Wilkins scales. Just received the stonewash M390. Thanks for the heads up.

Back