Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

↑↑↑ Just my preference.
I like a slight belly and find the 1st 1-2 inches from the tip of all my blades is what mostly get's dulled with my use, so want to preserve that area. The few times I do use the middle or back end of the edge, I rarely prefer recurve, so y'alls MMV.

Ugh. I never got one of these because I hate the grips that come with them, but seeing all these aftermarket ones has me thinking about it again. This is a very painful start to the year for my wallet. What does a good set of scales run?

I still can't believe I sold my two large M2 Ritter knives because of the cheezy plastic scales. Problem was we didn't have readily obtainable replacements; but now with AWT, DOAT, Keyman and others, the only real issue is the price of the upgrades nearing the original production cost for the knife itself.

ee82d6e3d393ce500939cb1301f8e281.jpg

Bought a 558 and 555-1 (found a new one on the bay for a great price), swapped the blades, sold the orange 555-1, and ended up getting a brand new G-10 558 for about $150. Fantastic knife!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ee82d6e3d393ce500939cb1301f8e281.jpg

Bought a 558 and 555-1 (found a new one on the bay for a great price), swapped the blades, sold the orange 555-1, and ended up getting a brand new G-10 558 for about $150. Fantastic knife!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twins

Ugh. I never got one of these because I hate the grips that come with them, but seeing all these aftermarket ones has me thinking about it again. This is a very painful start to the year for my wallet. What does a good set of scales run?

You can get into aftermarket scales starting at $75 but the sky is the limit.
DOAT, Putnam, AWT, iGorded, Wilkins, Cuscadi, are just a few I can think of.

if Doug's announcement alone hasn't encouraged those that don't have any example of his version of a grip to pick something up by now, what we're seeing of the 560 should have. from personal experience, you'll kick yourself while hunting these down on secondary market at ridiculous prices later on down the road. .02

I finally got one last fall as I was on a mission to put one together for my birthday with aftermarket scales and on my second try I walked into these Camp Perry scales on a s30v Ritter. I changed out the scales for some stock ones that I had and sold it and all I can say it's amazing what a great knife a Griptilian can be with a scale change I'd like to grab a couple more just in case before they are gone and the prices go through the roof.

59fc7ec0726a4c97eda7431eb91c4018.jpg

Be seeing you, Arick

top, applied weapons tech

bottom, member here named 'keyman' who you can pm for further details.

The best griptilian ever made, hands down. Add M390 to the mix and it's no contest. Regardless of how you may feel about the scales, this knife is an amazing workhorse as it is. This comes from someone who carries an XM-24 every day. The Ritter Grip is a winner and always has been. FYI, I've been carrying my Ritter more than my 24 lately! It's an amazing knife.

I likely won't even carry it until I get different scales, I just hate the standard ones so damn much.

I finally got one last fall as I was on a mission to put one together for my birthday with aftermarket scales and on my second try I walked into these Camp Perry scales on a s30v Ritter. I changed out the scales for some stock ones that I had and sold it and all I can say it's amazing what a great knife a Griptilian can be with a scale change I'd like to grab a couple more just in case before they are gone and the prices go through the roof.

59fc7ec0726a4c97eda7431eb91c4018.jpg

Be seeing you, Arick

Among all the aftermarket Ritter grp scales, this one looks the best to me. Do you mind telling me where to get one pair and how much. Please pm me. Thanks.

^^Looks like the green/black REI exclusive Griptilian scales, which were made by benchmade. You can select the same scale texture style in the custom Griptilian build program on the Benchmade site.

It's not a great pic of the scales, but on post #137 is a pic of the REI scales. The ones above are not. It looks like the poster of that photo said they were Camp Perry scales.

Very similar to your hybrids, this was a blade swap!

I love the hybrids Joe it's fun to see what everyone comes up with we've had to be our own custom shop for quite some time and Griptilian lovers seem to be like Jedi's customizing their lightsabers.

Be seeing you, Arick

Back