DPx H•E•S•T/F...ANNOUNCING THE HEST FOLDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is considered the "first run"? Just the 250 special edition, or will the 1st run of the "regular" production model have this special treatment as well?

I was wondering the same thing. Are the terms "Limited Edition" and "First Run" being used interchangeably? Or is the "First Run" all pre-orders LE and regular combined?

I just checked the DPx Gear site and it doesn't mention anything about titanium carbide on the DPx HEST Folder page. It is only mentioned on the Limited Edition page.

What is considered the "first run"? Just the 250 special edition, or will the 1st run of the "regular" production model have this special treatment as well?
See below...... :)

The coating on the regular run knives is the flat black milspec you are used to seeing on military weapons. The blade is sandblasted to drop the luster and then engraved and then anodized to prevent corrosion even in the engraved areas. The finish will mark but is very difficult to wear off. The edge of course and continual sharpening the D2 tool steel will wear it off.

The Limited edition knife will be
German D2 tool steel, sand blasted, engraved with MR DP pattern (there is also the sterile version that only has the number on the top of the blade) then sputter coated with a Titanium Carbide coating to harden the steel and is very difficult to wear off.

The Titanium on both knives is a medium grey tumble finish and looks very, very nice. We are just finalizing and pushing the button. Gianni has done a spectacular job and shown great enthusiasm for this project despite my micro managing every aspect of the production. Thom over at Monster Blade Works is hard at work weaving the 250 Afghan Commemorative Campaign lanyard for the First Run and the project is on schedule.

The dpxgear.com site will be accepting payments on October 20th We will add a reasonable time before posting those folks who can't pay and the post the available numbers.

I am very, very happy with the rapid deployment system. I always hated how you had to fumble with folders and then worry if your folder would collapse under extreme rapid use.

I can confirm that the DPx HEST comes out open and locked out of your pocket. Its really quite impressive.

The term "Parkerizing" or phosphating s probably more familiar. Its a Iron or Manganese Phosphate coating chemical conversion coating that adds 0.0002 to 0.0003 inches to the bladel for excellent corrosion resistance. Phosphating D2 tool steel provides superior corrosion resistance, lubricity and resistance to galling. The mil specs involved are
Mil Spec DTL-16232G and AMS2481F.

You can get the documentation here:
http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-SPECS/MIL+SPECS+(MIL-DTL)/MIL-DTL-16232G_7533/

I was wondering the same thing. Are the terms "Limited Edition" and "First Run" being used interchangeably? Or is the "First Run" all pre-orders LE and regular combined?

AFAIK "limited edition" refers to the first 250 numbered HEST folders and "first run" refers to the first actual production run.

With all the questions and answers here and the length of the thread, can someone who's been following closer than I summarize the status of everything? :confused:

My particular interest in in a sterile model if anyone has any info on that, but an overall model's availability status would be much appreciated. Thanks.

With all the questions and answers here and the length of the thread, can someone who's been following closer than I summarize the status of everything? :confused:

My particular interest in in a sterile model if anyone has any info on that, but an overall model's availability status would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The Sterile model is sold out since they are grouped in with the limited editions. There are 250 models being made of the limited edition which includes both the Mr DP and Sterile versions.

Thanks to RYP, here is a waiting list for those hoping people don't pay or change their mind.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781742&highlight=dpx+hest

I don't know if this has been asked. It seems evident from the pictures but i just want to be sure, what kind of grind is it? From the pics or renders it looks like a high hollow grind, but it could be a high flat, i believe the fixed blade HEST was high flat am i right? I hope that it will be a high flat grind as opposed to a high hollow.

I have an order for the limited edition knife and have received the appropriate emails up until now. Should I be receiving and email to confirm/pay my order for the knives?

I have an order for the limited edition knife and have received the appropriate emails up until now. Should I be receiving and email to confirm/pay my order for the knives?

I am interested as well. I remember that this was said

The dpxgear.com site will be accepting payments on October 20th We will add a reasonable time before posting those folks who can't pay and the post the available numbers.

well, it IS pretty early...I mean RYP was probably putting the bottle opener to good use into the early morn' hours...
and he's gotta stumble to the board and throw the switch guys... :)

bet we'll get those emails today or soon.

The folks who are setting up the web site for payment have asked until Monday to get it right. In the meantime each member who reserved a knife should get an email regarding instructions. CHECK YER JUNK box! :)) Last time we had some emails that ended up there.

Essentially we will be providing a two week window for payment because we have to put your custom order in to get it made by December. Those who don't want a knife have an option to bail and we will resell those as soon as we get your input.

Those that do not respond will be contacted and those who are off the grid can contact ESEE directly to sort your payment out etc. Hope that helps everyone. I am going to be off the grid for a bit so other folks will weigh in here as things develop.

I'm quite concerned because I have never received any emails regarding the HEST folder. Yes, I have checked my spam and junk boxes several times.

Never received the email that went out with the pictures that it seems everyone else got.

I thought I had secured #113 Mr. DP, but now I have serious doubts.

I got the original confirmation and limited edition pic email but, haven't received anything else thus far.

As of 5PM East WED...............Today----I got the original confirmation and limited edition pic email but, haven't received anything else thus far.

As of 5PM East WED...............Today----I got the original confirmation and limited edition pic email but, haven't received anything else thus far.

Likewise and i dont have a spam folder or spam filter on my email/mac account. I let it all flow free baby:D:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back