EDC... But why??

I carry a knife because I am a grown man and every man needs a pocket knife. I usually EDC a ZT0350TS, but sometimes a Benchmade Barrage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371517429.672560.jpg

I sometimes think that the only reason I go camping is to have a good excuse to use all of my Beckers.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371517359.882687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371517359.882687.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
I carry 2 knives, one big and one small, because deep down I am a caveman who is thrreason I hintedby a sharp edge and fire.

This.....it strikes a primal chord deep down I am convienced. Can't shake the anchient man in us. Same reason I hunt.

#1 reason I carry a knife is because I need a good knife to cut whatever I may need to throught the day around my farm. It can range from bailers twine, zip ties, feed bags, rope, rubber tube, basically everything. And I collect knives because they are beautiful tools or pieces of art and craftsmanship. As well as they are cool and fun. And right now my edc is the spyderco militaryas my primary blade then probably my cold steel xl g10 espada.

What a great, fun thread.

The EDC's primary task is to open boxes that contain new EDCs. Clearly. :D

With folks around here, that's plenty enough work to justify carrying a knife ;)

I carry a knife because they're useful and I like them.

I carry a knife because they're useful and I like them.
This^^^. At the same time, I always carry my pocket knives discretely. I see no reason to advertise the fact that I have a knife on me. So I never carry a knife clipped to my pocket. For me, clips are more trouble than they're worth.

Last edited:
I almost always have two knives, the one I use and the one clipped to my pocket. The one I use to "cut things" is rarely used for the blade but far more often, the scissors, tweezers, toothpick, and nail file - a SAK Ambassador or Classic. I carry a Mini-Grip just because. I can't remember the last time I needed it in town or around the house. However, I also do backcountry SAR and that's when a woods knife is more useful. On a callout I'll carry a Mora, Fallkniven F1, or Grip on my belt. But I also have something like a SAK Farmer or OHT as well and 99% of the time, those are the knives I use most.

At 62, I've had and carried a pocket knife for well over 50 years. It's what boys did in the 50's and 60's, even in LA, CA. But they were always small two-three bladed pen knives or the like. A small knife is far more useful in urban/suburban settings for most people. Using a tactical knife to open packages is probably not the best tool for the job.

Back