EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XM 24

7374b90bee198299854e7cba9078f5ed_zpsb9d96ea2.jpg

D0nut - It certainly is a nice looking knife, I like the choil and the bolster look. May I ask what you don't like about it?

Thanks man. It feels cheap and chinsy. The spine wasn't cut right and has hot spots, the thumb studs spin in place and can't be tightened, not a fan of the weird push button lock release, tip down carry only, the clip is squared off and incredibly sharp at the corners, etc.

It was an anniversary knife from my dear wife do I can't exactly sell it or get rid of it, ya know? She asks why I never carry it and I just say "I want to keep it nice." :)

I work in management in the fast food biz, a knife comes in handy, and one highly resilient to the elements of salt water and grease is nice.

CAM00438_zps6f5ecf7b.jpg.html

Yesterday I carried my ESEE HEST and quickly remembered why it's been sitting in a drawer and not getting much use. That pointy thingy in the pommel is a bad idea, I'm going to grind it off. Anyway, today I switched to one of several wharncliffe designs I had a couple of local bladesmiths make for me.

20140122_102341.jpg

20140122_102434.jpg

Yesterday I carried my ESEE HEST and quickly remembered why it's been sitting in a drawer and not getting much use. That pointy thingy in the pommel is a bad idea, I'm going to grind it off. Anyway, today I switched to one of several wharncliffe designs I had a couple of local bladesmiths make for me.

20140122_102341.jpg

20140122_102434.jpg

That's what always keeps me away from the Hest.

I have an ESEE 3 inbound that I think will serve me well.

Today's carry knife

Laconico with brown Canvas Micarta and GEC EO Scout :thumbup:

yv2s.jpg

kfjs.jpg

Clip Barlow ridin in my Carhartt;)

y3lw.jpg

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back