EDC Passaround

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
So Ive been working on this new little funky EDC. I glued up the handles last night and noticed they don't line up perfectly at the front and there was a little gap at the rear between the tang and the liners. I filled it with CA and its hardly noticable now but Im not going to sell it as a new knife. I was going to keep it for myself but thought it might be nice to do a passaround to see what you guys thought of it. I really like the design and I think it will make a great knife. So... if you want to be part of the passaround please post "I want in". Im going to limit it to 8 or so people so it won't be out there for months on end. All I ask is that when you get it please try to be quick and send it to the next person. This will give me alot of feedback so use it for everyday tasks. I figure a couple of days should give you a good idea of how the knife performs. Also, please try to sharpen it up before sending to the next person if needed. It should only need a good stropping but after ten people in might get kinda dull. Im looking for ergonomics feedback mainly. Ill post up pics when its done but go ahead and sign up if your interested. It will be done in a couple of days. Thanks!
List:
1.Essublime/in transit
2.Mykel
3.Mtn Wildman
4.BrewcityMike
5.AC700Wildcat
6.Vik
7.Clich
8.Mudbug007

Aldos 1095 Full convex with secondary convex edge
3 1/4" blade
7 5/8" OAL
Osage scales with dark brown micarta liners

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in Chris. I was interested in buying one at some point anyways so this will be a nice opportunity to get the feel of it. Thanks & great idea!

Eric

Sorry guys but I forgot to post who is eligible. Any normal contributor to the forum or someone with a 100 feedback rating.

I'd love to if eligible Chris,but my fb is only at 67.:eek:

I wanna be the last one to get it that should be about christmas,lmao!!!! joke good idea bro!! YOU LUCKY "8" put it through hell please,then sharpen it on a grinding wheel,each and every one of you!!Have fun,Im not in this-- so ya better get your places asap!!

You know your in Mykel!
Cool beans!Thanks Chris,I liked the design from the gitgo,but getting to handle it will be sweet.
I'll be sure to give it a few passes on the 60 grit 4x36 sander at work before passing it on.;)

Alright, I posted up pics at the top. I didn't take too much time finishing it up so don't judge the fit and finish! Just1More, I added a pic with my foot in it because I know you like them!
I will be shipping this out tomorrow with your box Essublime so you can kick it off. I did a few fuzz sticks and processed a couple pieces of oak. I really like the ergos of this knife. It is really comfortable in most all positions including the chest lever grip. I did a little drilling just to see how it would perform and it did quite well. Im going to use it tonight in the kitchen to see how it does cutting veggies and meat.

Cool looking little blade there Chris.

Thats a nice looking foot...I mean knife;) I like the 'user' look it has. Kinda rough and rugged...sorry but I'm still talking about the knife.:D

Im a barefoot kinda guy! The only time I wear shoes is to work and sometimes in the wintertime. I wanna try some of those finger shoes, I like minimalist shoes.

Alright, I posted up pics at the top. I didn't take too much time finishing it up so don't judge the fit and finish! Just1More, I added a pic with my foot in it because I know you like them!I will be shipping this out tomorrow with your box Essublime so you can kick it off. I did a few fuzz sticks and processed a couple pieces of oak. I really like the ergos of this knife. It is really comfortable in most all positions including the chest lever grip. I did a little drilling just to see how it would perform and it did quite well. Im going to use it tonight in the kitchen to see how it does cutting veggies and meat.
Chris, lmao right now. Just as I was thinking you must have finished this knife about 4 months ago to be going barefoot in these pics & not this time of year, I read this post. . . . . damn near spit my Yuengling lager all over the keyboard . . . .:D :D
Thanks for thinking about me bro . . . . ;)
Good looking knife design and handle by the way as well . . . .
Be safe.

Im a barefoot kinda guy! The only time I wear shoes is to work and sometimes in the wintertime. I wanna try some of those finger shoes, I like minimalist shoes.

Gotta keep up that barefoot hillbilly southern sterotype, lmao!! :D I can say that because I live just a few miles
down the road and I'm barefoot right now. :p Chris, Five Fingers has some of thier stuff on sale right now. My son
is on his second pair of these right now. Only thing is they can get to smelling pretty ripe sometimes.

Sweet!! I'll join in on the passaround if I'm able. Looks like it would be pretty comfortable to use and I know it should sharpen up nicely like the little nessie that I got from you.

I want in!
looks good Chris (the knife, that is) - you wouldn't be barefoot outside much around here, no concrete and the ice never melted off the deck on the N side of the house today. (was a great day for sitting outside and watching everything BUT bambi wander or fly past...)

Back