EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Deinos, Nov 19, 2017.

1. DTOM 1776

DTOM 1776 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2008
    My current EDC guns ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That's leather dust on the the gun. The hand cut cocking serrations work like a saw inside leather holsters.

My EDC Jumbo ...

[​IMG]

The Trauma Pouch (top flap of the Jumbo) ...

[​IMG]

The "Janis" inline pouch ...

[​IMG]

2. DTOM 1776

DTOM 1776 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Wife's EDC Guns ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    +2 on left & +1 on right (100% reliable but buy the extra length / power springs or you'll have issues with the +2)

[​IMG]
    Trijicon HD front sights are VERY VISIBLE in all lighting conditions. They pic up ambient light, and have tritium for very low light. We prefer the orange, but wanted to try both colors.

Shappy, Mr. Tettnanger and Deinos like this.
  3. Jumbi8

Jumbi8

Apr 1, 2018
    I appreciate that these posts are well thought through, taking into account a wider possibility of situations.

When I first got my ccw, I tried the Dan Wesson Guardian .45. Ultra light, (for a 1911) but just too big for me to carry every day, started leaving the house without it, now the daily carry is the 2nd gen Ruger LCP. It is so small and light it is no bother at all. You can't even see it on me. There are no tell tale belt clips to give it away that I'm packin. I much prefer to appear unarmed. Guard down for the perp is a much better situation.

Deinos likes this.
  4. Jumbi8

Jumbi8

Apr 1, 2018
    My two sons also have ccws. One is a Marine and carries a 1911 commander 4.25" size .45, the other is a Ranger and carries a smaller glock .40 compact in a belly band. I can pretty easily see the .45 hardware clip on the belt line, but he prefers it that way. I cannot see at all the glock in the belly band, even when he is only in shorts and a t shirt. I carry my tiny LCP in a variety of ways, none of them print and none of them can easily be detected.

jkwithawave likes this.
  5. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    Thank you to both of your sons for their service.

Jumbi8 likes this.
  6. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Come home the other day from hauling water on the ranch and the wife is in the office, working on some leather projects, talking on the phone and carrying one of her 1911's in a holster she made on a belt she made:

[​IMG]

7. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. patrick_ford

patrick_ford

Jan 5, 2008
    Today I am at work wearing my Sig P229 in .357 Sig on my hip with my S&W Shield in 9mm in an ankle holster. My BCM RECCE AR-15 is riding near my right elbow just in case. I usually carry a Glock 19 or just the Shield in a Comp-Tac IWB holster when I am off duty.

Deinos likes this.
  9. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Ennie meanie minie moe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

11. BD_01

BD_01 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    How is your SS finish holding up with regards to holser wear/scratches?
    Is it real carbon fiber?
    Can you tell me where you got it?

12. TALON52

TALON52

Jan 14, 2016
    I made this taco style holster myself out of Kydex. No wear or scratches.

Here are a few more Kydex holsters that I made.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shappy, Mr. Tettnanger and BD_01 like this.
  13. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Glock 19 gen 5 with factory night sights.. i keep a spare g17 magazine with it just in case 15 isn't enough.

14. Jason_W

Jason_W Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 15, 2018
    EDC as of now, but I tend to switch up both the pistol and knife every few months.

[​IMG]

fmrranger likes this.
  15. Tortorelli01

Tortorelli01

Jun 16, 2013
    Usually my 19 or my 43 [​IMG]

16. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Nice rigs! T-rex arms? or?

17. Tortorelli01

Tortorelli01

Jun 16, 2013
    These are the new Tier1 concealed Axis holsters! In my opinion the best appendix carry holster, I own five of them if that tells you anything lol.

Deinos likes this.
  18. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Will have to give them a look. They seem similar to T-rex sidecar, but looked a little different with the threaded mag attachment (which looks a lot more useful... detachable, more flexible to mold to your shape, etc.).

19. Tortorelli01

Tortorelli01

Jun 16, 2013
    similar to the trex Arms, I’ve owned those too. The shock cord allows it to flex with the shape of your body very well!

20. Tortorelli01

Tortorelli01

Jun 16, 2013
    Better shot of my main squeeze![​IMG]

Shappy, benchwarmer380 and Deinos like this.