EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

what flashlight is that?

try the mini knipex pliers.
Nope!
I prefer straight jaw pliers in an EDC role, but I also seem to actively avoid the most popular things for some reason .
It's funny that these snapon 44acf were actually more than I thought was too much for the Knipex when they first came out.

The flashlight is a Drop AAA brass light, made by lumintop I guess.
It has a flush stainless steel tail switch, and the Nitchia led that is less bright but has a nice warm natural tone to it which I really like.
20220128_171537.jpg
You can get it with a brighter Cree LED if you want though.

Last edited:
Nope!
I prefer straight jaw pliers in an EDC role, but I also seem to actively avoid the most popular things for some reason .
It's funny that these snapon 44acf were actually more than I thought was too much for the Knipex when they first came out.

The flashlight is a Drop AAA brass light, made by lumintop I guess.
It has a flush stainless steel tail switch, and the Nitchia led that is less bright but has a nice warm natural tone to it which I really like.
View attachment 1765236
You can get it with a brighter Cree LED if you want though.
well... that's a good thing to consider... the straight jaws. I'll have to grab a small pair next time I'm at the hardware store.

well... that's a good thing to consider... the straight jaws. I'll have to grab a small pair next time I'm at the hardware store.
The Channellock 524 is a great tool you can get for about $10.
I had already relegated mine to living in my 1/4" drive kit and wanted to see what Snapon had to offer, otherwise I would have just carried those.

These Snapon 44acf are cosmetically nicer, but are $47 shipped and definitely not functionally 3× better.
They can't really cut wire either, the area where you'd find a bypass shear cutter on most slipjoints is too shallow.
Maybe I could get something pretty fine in there if I really tried, but they clearly made a decision to nix the cutters.

AikkzlE.jpg

My daily stuff-

Y8aEqk4.jpg

^ The little cut-off box wrench is for "unlocking" various leather storage bags I have on one of my bikes. I designed the bags with an acorn nut closure to prevent casual theft. The little capsule on the ring contains a mini Philips head driver bit that I use to tighten the screws in my sunglasses (more convenient than pulling out the Wiha set that I carry). The fake tortoise shell folder is an old Kershaw 5200 that I gave to my father as a gift several decades ago and then inherited back.

jhDomly.jpg

^ Oakley A-Wire sunglasses, my phone, a Klarus AA flashlight (only carry at night), a little rubber stand I made for the Klarus (pic below), and my garage door opener.

MO35rgT.jpg

o3qzZqD.jpg

^ I actually carry this 14" crescent wrench in one of my front jeans pockets when I'm riding (and I ride everywhere). About 4.5" of the box-end handle sticks out. When I'm off the bike I stick it down in my waistband (concealed by my jacket). The rubber handle wrap keeps it in place. I'm not permitted to own, much less carry a firearm.

uefRZUE.jpg

^ Some miscellaneous stuff. Pen, extra AAA battery (for a different flashlight), wipes for cleaning sunglasses or helmet face shield, wipes for cleaning hands, and a "sterile" tissue (in case the other tissues in my pocket aren't clean anymore or I forget to grab any before leaving home). I also carry little winged-skull/biker pins to hand out to kids who come up to admire my bike. I used to carry little die-cast toy motorcycles in my saddlebags to give out, but I ditched the saddlebags, and the pins are easier to carry. Not pictured are a few folded up paper towels, washcloth for wiping off sweat, wallet, a few keys, and whatever I might be forgetting.

Stuff I carry on my boots. I only wear these boots when I leave home, so all of this stuff is always on me-

tabQufw.jpg

^ Stubby adjustable wrench (I stubby-fied it myself) and a AAA Olight.

wbPfyoI.jpg

^ Adjustable pliers, and a Wiha mini bit driver full of carefully selected bits.

qLiy5Lf.jpg

PgkpZzk.jpg

^ Leatherman Squirt P4

1oXL9Ci.jpg

YBAao6x.jpg

^ A new addition. I was carrying a second Leatherman Squirt P4 that I modified the pliers into side-cutters, but I decided I wanted something that could handle more robust cutting tasks, so I cut down the handles of these old Craftsman side cutters (so old they were made in the USA), and I've been very happy with them. Not only can they handle more cutting, but I like that all I have to do is pull them out and then stick them back in, no unfolding or re-folding, and no snap/pouch to deal with.

I wear my jeans outside my boots so all the stuff I carry on my boots remains unseen.

Last edited:
Back