EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

Partial pocket dump. Freemont, TC, edc Ti screwdriver and 2oz silver medallion, Timber+Hitch pocket slip.
hi9oPB.jpg

I don't always check this sub-forum but I really should. I hope it's okay to play catch-up. If nothing else, it'll keep me subscribed to the thread.

Here are a couple of partial dumps from earlier in the week. I've been messing around with my key ring set-up (which ironically no longer contains real keys). It is modular and can be quickly adjusted to compensate for what is in my pockets or on my belt on a given day.

Yeah, the second pic is from a Titanium Tuesday.

La2iX9P.jpg

8ATMKwH.jpg

That Kizer Latt Vind Mini has me interested! How is it?

Generally, quite good. I love the blade the shape. Lock-up is solid. The ergonomics in use are decent. The action from the box was okay. After my regular cleaning and quality lubrication for "new knife orientation", the action warmed up to "excellent". Disassembly and reassembly were a breeze. The internals look good (except I can see on the back of the scale where someone got a little crazy with glue for the inlay). It's small but it is also exceptionally light. It also has a reasonable deep-carry clip with counter-sunk screws that fit flush. It's classy for what it is and very easy to carry.

I see three issues. First, I can see a little bit of the glue line around the inlay on the show side. That's not a big deal but I don't like it. I haven't noticed that in pictures or reviews so maybe it is just mine. Second, the "regular" flipper at the back is a little slippery. It has to be pulled down and the jimping is all at the side for when the knife is open. I can use it but I do have to pay attention because the top of that tab is small, smooth, and placed where it is more likely to see any excess oil from the pivot. This knife is optimized for use with the front flipper.

The third issue is more of a general issue with front flippers. This is a small knife and I have long fingers. That make it a little awkward and pushes me to use the back flipper. BTW, the detent strength on this knife is "just right" for either method so that's something.

It's Titanium Tuesday! Here is a partial pocket dump including the Civivi Torx kit, the Kizer Siren whistle, a Twosun pry tool, a titanium-shelled jet lighter, and the WE Seer.

The odd duck here is my aluminum flashlight. I love the L10. It runs a Nichia 219A at 4500K, which is good for general purposes. It also has my preferred non-tactical EDC mode order of L-M-H with no memory. If I could find something comparable in titanium, I'd be all over it. Most of the titanium flashlights I like are all button-operated, which I don't like for key-ring carry.

xCz1CCv.jpg

Alright, I was trying to bring some traffic to this forum but you know how it goes. Now there is a new pocket dump thread in GKD. Here is my daytime carry as I transition to evening EDC. No, that Hoyo de Monterrey wasn't part of the carry but it will be joining me later. :)

Otherwise: LCR 327, Swiss Tool Spirit XC, Vertigo Hammer lighter, Pentel Philography with brown Energel 0.7mm, Sencut Neches, Bertucci DX3 with canvas band, Civivi Torx kit, TwoSun titanium pry tool, Kizer Siren, and L10 with Nichia 219A at 4500K.

PLIOOZl.jpg

Today's carry: LCR 327, Swiss Tool XC, Pentel Hexreform with Energel 0.7mm, Modified Sage 5, Bertucci DX3 Field Watch with canvas band, a titanium-shelled jet lighter, Civivi Torx tool, Kizer Siren, TwoSun titanium pry tool, and L10 with Nichia 219A at 4500K.

VQBdV4w.jpg

That is a really nice holster that looks like it needs some carry time. Supertucks are all I use
Thanks and couldn’t agree more !
Yes that’s one of my newer arrivals In horse hide. Crossbreeds are hands down my favorite IWB holster. I normally carry my G19x Sporting another CB or my HK VP 40 . But for quick runs to the store and such I’ll grab my S&W Shield 9mm Performance Series. One of the many things I love about Horsehide is they break in so fast so it won’t take long 👍🏻👊🏻
Recycled pics but yes love them !
EDIT: Had to crop the pictures so we wouldn’t have any 😞 here or I should say from the other thread it was moved from.
IX4pCxx.jpg

ALlc25f.jpg

Last edited:
Back