EDC XII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing with my new 551-1702 all day.

s77wvUR.jpg

E77xWpV.jpg

mOcv7a3.jpg

Thanks man, I'm 60 years old and a little technology challenged but I use to go to several photography forums so I know just enough about posting in forums to get in trouble.
Well, I've got a few years on you, Harry, so there's obviously hope for us geezers on the tech front. Lots of young guys can't manage pics working off their phones. I'm usually on my Mac or ipad, but we've got a pretty fierce coastal storm going here, and I'm sitting here by candlelight posting on my Samsung. Often the years yield a bounty of useless skills. :p

Well, I've got a few years on you, Harry, so there's obviously hope for us geezers on the tech front. Lots of young guys can't manage pics working off their phones. I'm usually on my Mac or ipad, but we've got a pretty fierce coastal storm going here, and I'm sitting here by candlelight posting on my Samsung. Often the years yield a bounty of useless skills. :p
Stay safe, I hear the storm is really getting it! BTW I am a Mac user too. :)

Nor’easter coming through here in Jersey. Lots of trees down and power outages. Luckily still have power “knock on wood”. Stay safe ChazzyP.

Same old same old.... Have not changed from this knife in weeks I think. Used it today to cut up foam for my kydex press. probably the hardest thing I have ever cut through, It felt like I was cutting through an inch of rubber. Did the job though! Not too shaby considering I just cut out my old foam first which was pretty easy to cut, but I had to make A BUNCH of cuts and there was a bunch of glue at the bottom so it was not razor sharp by the time I got to the new foam. by the time I got done it was so dull it wouldnt even grab my fingernail. But a Couple minutes on the sharpmaker and some DMT diapaste brought a good working edge right back. (easily shaving arm hair.) I plan on using this until its a toothpick, and just regrind it eventually if I have to!
20180302_181243_zpsb7pdusxd.jpg
20180302_170955%201_zpsj3dzo3en.jpg
study blue

Much as I love my GM3, Anthem, Mantra2, and cf Positron for work carry; my SC Bodega has pretty much owned my off duty RFP since I gave it that second chance. For the past several days, my k490 & "Galaxy wood" Enigma has ridden in my LFP.
Since I've got a few well deserved days off, I'm also sporting a fixed blade - still loving this SRKW R3 with thick spalted maple scales.
Image pending - waiting for daylight

Please post updates about how you’re liking that 52100 in the Manix...looks sweet!
I thought we had EDC twins for a moment. Then I zoomed in and saw 52100. Pretty cool! I dont know much about it but I tend to like carbon steel. As much as I like my manix I think I need to buy another, or a pm2, in a different steel because I dont tend to like s30v very much. (although its growing on me slowly as I learn how it likes to be sharpened.) I would like one in cpm 154 or s35. even better m390. Spyderco's s30v just seems to lose a shaving sharp edge faster than it should.
Also, how does yours cut? mine seems to be ground a little thick or the coating adds even more friction than I expected, even after almost 4 years of at least monthly use. (with the first year cutting A LOT of cardboard.) I expected it to be worn smooth by now. Or gone but that stuff is TOUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back