EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

zUtBonW.jpg
What r those

I had my big ole Crooked River on me for Wooden Wednesday as I prepped the Rosborough for pickup by its new owner tomorrow. The boat hasn't been in the water nor out of its fabric Quonset for many a year as our piece of Vermont and other pursuits have taken over the time and inclination for boating. We decided to sell a couple years back and finally got a deal made this past week after suffering through several disappearing interested parties, tire kickers, and lowballing boat brokers.

3IaWcl4.jpg

AbzCY9I.jpg

We slipped her out of the boathouse late this afternoon and she's parked in the driveway and ready to roll.

FXfj7B3.jpg

z3GU8Kf.jpg

What r those

Looks like four fingers, two knives and one thumb.

The knives are probably a heavily modifed Cold Steel "The Spike" and a Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Salt Hawkbill, at a guess.

Close! The knife on the left is a heavily modified Cold Steel Spike Bowie, chopped down to a two inch blade, serrated, and cord wrapped handle.

The knife on the right is a Spyderco Ladybug Salt Hawkbill.

I'm mostly a folder guy, with just a few fixed blades in my collection (and generally each for a specific purpose), but I'm starting to dip my toe a bit deeper into the fixed blade waters. :)

Today's folder is the ZT 0308 (love this knife!), accompanied by the Spyderco Ronin 2. I'm digging the Ronin so far. It's incredibly thin (yet still comfortable in-hand), longer and simpler than the Yojimbo 2, and the sheath is solid if a bit unrefined around the plunge line. The G-Clip is great -- it really does securely mount the sheath on my lightweight basketball shorts, something I needed to experience to believe. :thumbsup: :D

TFQ5le9.jpg

Back