EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. drake998

drake998 Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2019
  2. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
  3. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Glad to see yours is still finding it’s way into the pocket too. Lookin good over there Zep!
    344AF6C5-AC75-435F-ADA3-DA1161FE2CBE.jpeg

4. Sean Price

Sean Price

Jun 7, 2012
    Yes, he did and thanks for you taking the time to let me know and I appreciate the link, it gives me hope, saw 2 already sold on there like that. Had I known previously I probably would have been one of the buyers.

Ahhhh gotcha, now it all makes sense, had never seen or heard of that type of system before. Here I thought i was losing it since for the last few weeks I could not for the life of me figure out how to send people messages.

^^ bwa haha, GOOD EYE, yes I "new" to all this despite having joined many, many moons ago during the days of my youth, so THANK YOU.

If I remember correctly it was during my Kukri/TEOTWAWKI phase and I stumbled across this forum in my searches. I purchased a few 2 of them if I recall, I believe there was some kind of connection between someone here and a group in Nepal that made them authentic style, and from what I remember, the bed springs from a Mercedez truck?

Haha, good times and memories, but does that ring a bell to anyone here? Is that connection still around and active? link?

Anyways, thanks for the WARM WELCOME, and man this knife world is addictive along with the EDC stuff. I am now spending an avg of 1-3hrs on this site p/day just going thru the EDC page, and now the for sale threads.

WOW, not sure how long i can maintain that pace, well I guess as long as the virus keeps us at home right?

Thanks all,

Sean P

5. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Mail call... Hogue Deka with Blue Lava G-10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I try to avoid having more than one knife arrive on the same day, so I can focus on really getting to know one at a time -- but the angry carrot (KnifeCenter exclusive G5 Metamorph) and the Bulldog arrived on the same day, so two-knife Thursday it is. :D

I was hesitant about the Bulldog because its handle seemed like it could wind up being too small (size L gloves), but it's perfect. Over the past six months or so I've come to appreciate "compact powerhouse" knives, and this is definitely one of those. Good-to-great in all grips, but -- like every Emerson I've owned -- absolutely fantastic in saber grip. This is also the first time I've gone for the satin Ti Pete Gray monster thumb disk rather than the bead-blasted Zirc (which looks the most like the factory disk), and for such a small choice it gives the knife a totally different character.

The angry carrot is everything I'd heard it was; it's great. Budget steel notwithstanding, this is a lot of knife for $50 -- and somehow, despite it being one of my favorite colors, my first orange knife. Flies out, drops shut, nice slicey and needle-like light-duty blade, and a surprising amount of machining on the handles. Highly recommended if you're after an inexpensive front flipper with a 3.5" blade.

[​IMG]

7. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I see your violin and raise an ukulele!

[​IMG]

8. Boombats

Boombats

Mar 21, 2010
    oh shit it's getting real up in here

9. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Hey brother, yes I'm still loving it! For what you get with this knife I think it's a bargain. How are you liking yours?

11. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I agree 100%! A whole lot of bang for the buck. I’m very much enjoying mine too. The materials, the grinds, the action.. it’s a definite winner :) Hope you, and everybody else, are having an excellent day
    0367DF26-00B6-42CA-A543-B784634BBD1D.jpeg

12. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip. Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

13. Handwrecker

Handwrecker Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2010
    Excellent knife choice! :D:thumbsup: Enjoy!

A.L., TenShun705 and Fullflat like this.
  14. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Three.5 Thursday. This thing has been living in my pocket for a while now.

[​IMG]

Mistman68, ferider, ScooterG and 29 others like this.
  15. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Mail call! Loving this purple:cool:

[​IMG]

16. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Back into the CRK drawer again today for my large 25 Starbenza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and goodbye to the Rosborough as it turned out of the driveway towed by its new owner.

[​IMG]

MolokaiRider, mb>, ScooterG and 35 others like this.
  17. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
  18. JerseyFresh85

JerseyFresh85 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Yesterday's carry and dinner. Decided to carry it again today. 20200610_201504.jpg

I didn't use the knife to cut the steak on the ceramic plate fyi.