EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Well just got back from a wonderful ride although I did cut it a little shorter then I normally would. Can’t understand why just because I had this waiting for me with a fancy new DLT Matt shouldn’t of made a difference ;)
Now I just need to figure out what it is :D
mpPxD1G.jpg

It just finished inspection from the inspector
And permission to open it was given :D
sehDL8f.jpg
Spinning some Vinyl to enhance the Experience with some AC DC
u02OBLO.jpg
EDIT : The unveiling continues it’s a slow delicate process and must got threw all my knife/boxing opening procedures and rituals:)
HRctA5X.jpg

Last edited:
Well oh my what a beautiful knife !
Slim Midi S90v Bronze Ano /Flamed DLT exclusive. It makes such a satisfying click when opening and closing. Fit and finish is amazing! Unfortunately I think this one is going back :( I was hoping to get around this from happening so under notes I asked to check for lock stick and a strong detent that won’t shake open easily. After opening and closing it a few times it developed horrible lock stick to we’re you can’t even disengage the lock bar with either hand and you have to use your index finger and it’s still difficult. Man I really like this One but pretty sure it’s going back . I’m going to see if it improves but have a feeling it won’t and my fingers are all ready getting tender lol. It might be characteristics for this model since the opening to the lock bar is very thin. I read reviews and only saw one that had this issue so thought I’d be good to go. Oh well you never know sometimes unless you try it out.
I’ll give DLT a call tomorrow and see if there all like this if not I’ll pick another and have them check it while I’m on the phone with them. There really good and they’ll help you as much as they can. Dang it I really like this knife except for the lock stick and I spent literally hours online picking this one out. Action is super super stiff to but I’d be ok with that since it’ll get better with time .
4bz7ngG.jpg

jSurJgg.jpg

ySO3141.jpg

MY5b8kl.jpg
Here’s the small opening that I believe is part of the issue. That and this thin edge/opening on the lockbar area.
jwlbg8d.jpg

Last edited:
Got my Bugout back from Benchmade for some new omega springs. Glad to have it back in hand. I immediately swapped the scales back to the aluminum ones I had on it.

I don't own and have never tried a Spyderco knife . Taking all recommendations for one model best suited for edc/office environment type of life ....

PM2! There are about a million flavors out there to choose from.

Unfortunately I think this one is going back :( I was hoping to get around this from happening so under notes I asked to check for lock stick and a strong detent that won’t shake open easily. After opening and closing it a few times it developed horrible lock stick to we’re you can’t even disengage the lock bar with either hand and you have to use your index finger and it’s still difficult. Man I really like this One but pretty sure it’s going back . I’m going to see if it improves but have a feeling it won’t and my fingers are all ready getting tender lol.

Oof. That's painful to hear -- and it's such a gorgeous knife. :(

I've only bought used Medfords, with lock stick (if there was any) already resolved, but from what I've read and watched this is a common thing with new ones and -- again, from what I've heard -- it generally goes away with time.

The models I own/have owned all have substantial lockbar-to-tang contact areas. Like, holding up my Praetorian Genesis T next to an Emerson, the Emerson has this tiny "platform" of tang that contacts the lock, whereas the Praetorian has a huge long strip of contact.

Oof. That's painful to hear -- and it's such a gorgeous knife. :(

I've only bought used Medfords, with lock stick (if there was any) already resolved, but from what I've read and watched this is a common thing with new ones and -- again, from what I've heard -- it generally goes away with time.

The models I own/have owned all have substantial lockbar-to-tang contact areas. Like, holding up my Praetorian Genesis T next to an Emerson, the Emerson has this tiny "platform" of tang that contacts the lock, whereas the Praetorian has a huge long strip of contact.
Thanks Brother and I’m still trying to talk myself into keeping it. But then I’m thinking should I really have to talk myself into it ?
I think the lock stick should get better like you mentioned but don’t think my thumb/fingers will survive The Who knows how long break in period. A couple times I almost couldn’t disengage it was that bad and had to set it down to catch my breath lol and get the circulation Back in my thumb and fingers. I tried to call them but there closed so sent a email to get a RMA# . Don’t think I even want to try another one. To add insult to injury because of the pandemic there’s a 5 day hold on all returned items after they receive it.
oh well it is what is I guess.
EDIT : Pulled it back out to give it one more try to see if I could maybe break it in some. It locked up so tight on the first opening I almost couldn’t get the lockbar to release it was that bad. Seems to be getting worse not better.
Sadly its definitely going back.

Last edited:
We got one meal out the new propane hose I bought for my Q Grill last week before some squirrel chewed through that one too. J and I decided enough is enough and we bought a new Weber that was mostly enclosed below on Fathers Day. I'm not much for big box stores but it came from one today all set up with free delivery right to our door--just had to drop in the deflectors and grates, hook up the tank, and do a little rodent-proofing to the opening in the back.

98hefr7.jpg

The grill will never be this shiny again, but I'm wondering if I should burn up this ugly knife to break it in on Wooden Wednesday.

7w3Ndvg.jpg

Nah, thick cut pork chops are much more to my taste.

sHmNoI6.jpg

And....

I'm a day late to the dog pile, but the light was gone before I could get a pic last night. You should know I only keep these uglies around so all the money I spend on mid-techs doesn't seem like such a waste.

eQTuImr.jpg

The missing Endura is in my pocket, though its little Pakkawood brother would have been the better choice for Hideous Hap40 Delica Day. :p

And....

I'm a day late to the dog pile, but the light was gone before I could get a pic last night. You should know I only keep these uglies around so all the money I spend on mid-techs doesn't seem like such a waste.

eQTuImr.jpg

The missing Endura is in my pocket, though its little Pakkawood brother would have been the better choice for Hideous Hap40 Delica Day. :p
Wow now that's a collection!! I knew you had several of those ugly knives but I didn't know you we're a addict! Lol

And....

eQTuImr.jpg

That fluted ti Military sure does stand out as extra hideous! :p I just got my first Military and immediately wanted a Ti one to make my other Spydercos look better! :D

Back