EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

qyfQyRqh.jpg

You always come to mind when I reach for this knife, Zep, and I always appreciate your compliments when I post it. We're both 710 fans, and I really like seeing that sweet black-bladed D2 you got from your Dad. I had one like it and ended up giving it to one of my sons along with a matching black-bladed 705, so we share that experience as well, though at different ends.

I've still got two 710/705 pairs--one of users and the other like new--and really like how they were literally made for each other. There's not a lotta 705's around, as they were supplanted by the 707 Sequel after a not long production run. I've been tempted to send one pair off to Keyman for matching holey scales, maybe in orange G10 (or something else) but I'm not sure whether to do the the users or the LN's. Maybe I need another pair for that.... :rolleyes:

9qXuWnF.jpg
Wow that's quite a collection. I can't seem to find a 705. I'd love to have one to go with my 710. I try to look in the classified's daily but haven't found anything yet..

The plain edge 705 is hard to find these days.
You always come to mind when I reach for this knife, Zep, and I always appreciate your compliments when I post it. We're both 710 fans, and I really like seeing that sweet black-bladed D2 you got from your Dad. I had one like it and ended up giving it to one of my sons along with a matching black-bladed 705, so we share that experience as well, though at different ends.

I've still got two 710/705 pairs--one of users and the other like new--and really like how they were literally made for each other. There's not a lotta 705's around, as they were supplanted by the 707 Sequel after a not long production run. I've been tempted to send one pair off to Keyman for matching holey scales, maybe in orange G10 (or something else) but I'm not sure whether to do the the users or the LN's. Maybe I need another pair for that.... :rolleyes:

9qXuWnF.jpg

The plain edge 705 is hard to find these days.
Yeah, it's kinda funny with vintage Benchmades--usually when you finally find one it's a combo edge. I don't know if they used to make more partially serrated blades back then than they do now or if owners just prefer plain blades (as I do) and tend to hang onto them. I've sold off those of mine with combo edges and kept my plain edge 710s, 705s, 707, AFCKs, TSEK, and DarkStars. I did sell my BNIB plain edge BlueStar to a friend here as I'd enjoyed it for a few years, but it just sat there taking up space and I put the dough into something else.

lzeplin lzeplin Yep that’s exactly what happened. I happened to do something a little more severe today :eek:View attachment 1469427I reckon this is why we don’t pry with knives :D Was under a crawl space digging out some spray foam on a band board trying to find my hole for my conduit. I heard it snap. I really don’t know how it happened. Only thing I can figure is I wedged the tip in the band board and the side of the blade on the floor joist and twisted. I’m gonna have it ground and sharpened on that front edge like a chisel. That blade has been thru way too much to just let it get thrown away. I used it all afternoon. Worked just fine.

A folding chisel, it's the next craze! Personally, I'd make it's wharncliffe ish thing.

A folding chisel, it's the next craze! Personally, I'd make it's wharncliffe ish thing.
I’ve got insingo blades already, which are kinda wharncliffe-ish. Don’t have anything like the razel shape so gonna go with something different

Nah, electrical tape will never do - needs a bandaid to heal properly.
How bout gorilla tape?

Electrical tape is an Electricians bandaid.
My mom watches my four year old son during the day. She sent me this a bit back. Proud dad moment 4527771B-0E85-4F59-B7EE-6E08622822C3.jpeg

Back