EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

So I spent a little more time with this budget knife from QSP. I wanted to like it and it isn't all bad. Unfortunately, it has issues and is poorly justified at its price in the current market. I may write a review in the sub-forum when I get more time.

HrnXd6T.jpg
Is that the Parrot model?

New dukes cit 6.29.jpg
Kizer "Dukes" by Matt Cucchiara. The sweetest, snappiest flipper I own at any price (so far). As I've discovered that I can use my Sharpmaker to dress recurve blades, I look forward to acquiring more of Mr. Cucchiara's fine work. While not necessarily a "gentleman's pocket knife" per se, the Dukes sure makes me feel like a gentleman when I carry it.

I don't carry my Sages much, despite having an almost complete collection of that model, missing only the BHQ Exclusive LW5's in M4 and hideous lime green FRN (no offense meant if you like those--just my personal taste). I like the ones I have both for the knives' overall design--blade/handle shape & wire clip--as well as the nods to their various lock-type innovators. On the other hand, their size falls a bit below my normal EDC range and, despite them not being drawer queens per se, I do tend to keep them all a bit nicer as they are a collection of sorts.

Regardless, today's carry is my only Maxamet-bladed knife and makes for a good choice for this Michael Walker Wednesday.

PYX3ckx.jpg

7vuWXKV.jpg

Back