EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Happy Canada day to all fellow canucks out there! 🇨🇦

4kLJzlx.png
At least y’all can still have blades up there 👏🏼👍🏼

Guitarn. Your update.
I have been carrying this daily for 2 weeks. The movement and backlock are much smoother now.
I have cut a lot of cordage, stripped copper wire, did the box and envelope rite of passage, all the while never dulling the knife. Last test before I rotate knives. Tadah!View attachment 1858940

Awesome, thanks for the update!

My pleasure
No grittiness and I put an 18° per side edge on it.
I had a lock issue until I gave it a blast of air. Internals had some metal shavings floating. Perfect now.

Yeah, pivot grit was definitely a thing on the one le thiers I do have (in fact most traditionals I have acquired in general). My method is similar: plenty of forced wd40, air, and alcohol, along with some fine brush work eventually clears it.

Aside from splurging on a grail yesterday I succumbed to all the iMamba pics and posts recently and pre-ordered a plain Ti version from an Ohio specialty company that appears to have an excellent reputation. As the knife in question is expected to arrive sometime in August with an RWL34 blade--a steel I've yet to sample--I carried a knife with a very similar alloy today. This Gerry McGinnis ProLine Valve sports CPM154 which I've read is basically the same chemically and has proven to be an excellent cutter when pressed into service. The knife came with a very refined and wicked sharp edge which I believe was hand finished by Gerry or his dad and has shown no real sign of dulling over the time I've had it. I topped a bunch of boxes with it today after doing our monthly bulk food and household supplies shopping and the knife just flew through quite a bit of sturdy cardboard.

ZdgXFPN.jpg

wc93rzk.jpg

Back