EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

LimpCroissant

Gold Member
You got it wrong. It's "Woven Wednesday"!

So yesterday I decided to reprofile and sharpen my MBK Old Guard. This ZDP-189 took a very long time, longer than the Maxamet I've sharpened. But once done it took an amazing edge and I probably won't have to do much to it for the remainder of the month.

Also a cool thing at work happened today. A coworker came into my office and I saw a lanyard sticking up from it. I recognized it and the clip and asked if he had a Sebenza in his pocket. He was surprised I knew what one was but smiled and pulled out an Umnumzann! I haven't ever handled a CRK in person so it was a cool experience. Here it is with my OG.

My co-worker and ex manager carries a Large Sebenza 21 also! I didn't know he liked knives and he pulled it out one day and was cutting something, using the ground cement as the "cutting board". I was like "Oh jeez, is that a Sebenza clone?" I couldn't imagine that someone in the wild would have a Sebenza, let alone be cutting something against the cement with it. He was like "No, why would you think it's a clone?! Do I look like a clone person?" Haha. Good guy, that one.

m.jpg

LimpCroissant

Gold Member
For throwback thursday I'm playing with this japanese made A.G. Russell One Handed Knife. The lock is a Pat Crawford design. I got inspired the other day when I was listening to a podcast and the guy, who was a paratrooper, said he carried one of these for most of the time when he was in the military. He carried it in his pocket, dummy corded to his belt loop because he had a tendency to jump out of planes. The integral handle is milled from a chunk of stainless steel and the thumbstud is brass. Pretty sweet knife.
qn32Y42.jpg

qmrMmNJ.jpg

XycEAzk.jpg

Trying out a new color. Been carrying an orange one for several years. Finally gave away my stainless XXXX blem that I’d used hard in the workplace for so long. I keep trying to find more interesting things to carry but I guess I lack imagination. I still usually wind up carrying a Leek.