EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Today we walked through a young pine forest.
0-IMG-20220811-141038.jpg

The heather is blooming like crazy!
0-IMG-20220811-140920.jpg

0-IMG-20220810-214533.jpg

The lingonberries are already ripe, but still firm. We have to wait a week.

0-IMG-20220811-140814.jpg

LimpCroissant

Gold Member
Today is Mokume Tuesday (usually Mokume Monday so I'm a day late):
Most BFers know this, but FYI for those who don't, Mokume Gane is a Japanese metal forging technique similar to Damascus where layers of silver and gold toned metals are forged to mimic wood grain.
1) On the left is a Mokume Gane bracelet by the highly skilled @annevillestudio
2) Next is a Mokume Gane pendant from Thailand via eBay;
3) Money clip is by William Henry and has a Mokume Gane frame by Mike Sakmar and a Woolly Mammoth molar insert;
4) To the immediate right is the William Henry B05 Monarch (gift from my wife 11 years ago), with Rob Thomas “Typhoon “ Damascus blade, Mokume Gane bolsters and frame by Mike Sakmar, and carbon fiber scales;
5) And at far right is the Benchmade Gold Class “Proper “ slip joint with “Munin” Damasteel blade, Mokume Gane bolsters, and wood-grain Micarta that matched the grain of the Mokume.
View attachment 1894827
Beautiful as always my friend! I have a question for you. How do you usually care for your damascus blades and mokume? I was thinking about putting Renaissance Wax on my damascus Sebenza yesterday to hopefully stop the fading of the damascus where my thumb rubs on it near the thumbstud, however its tough to get it even around the thumbstud and near the pivot without getting little differences in appearances from streaks and from not being able to get it even near the end of the scales without taking the blade out first. I figured you'd be a good person to ask.

Locutus D'Borg

Platinum Member
Beautiful as always my friend! I have a question for you. How do you usually care for your damascus blades and mokume? I was thinking about putting Renaissance Wax on my damascus Sebenza yesterday to hopefully stop the fading of the damascus where my thumb rubs on it near the thumbstud, however its tough to get it even around the thumbstud and near the pivot without getting little differences in appearances from streaks and from not being able to get it even near the end of the scales without taking the blade out first. I figured you'd be a good person to ask.
I use renwax but over time Damascus and Mokume and all the other similar metals fade over time with wear. So far, I'm living with it, but if a knife blade starts to look real bad I guess the solution is to have it re-etched. Not sure.

LimpCroissant

Gold Member
I use renwax but over time Damascus and Mokume and all the other similar metals fade over time with wear. So far, I'm living with it, but if a knife blade starts to look real bad I guess the solution is to have it re-etched. Not sure.
Yea I hear you on the re-etching. Mine has a long way to go before I'm ready to re-etch, but yea it's definitely nice knowing you have the option. Ok, I'll give her a careful coat of ren wax later after I take the blade out. Thanks for your thoughts!

Carrying the Zaan again today.

A few pictures for the Audiophiles on the forums.
- B&W 802 Nautilus speakers
- Bryston 4BSST and 6BSST amps

i-77mVCPF-X2.jpg

i-Pd4RWkS-X2.jpg
Nice knife, those speakers remind me of B&W’s or TH
Carrying the Zaan again today.

A few pictures for the Audiophiles on the forums.
- B&W 802 Nautilus speakers
- Bryston 4BSST and 6BSST amps

i-77mVCPF-X2.jpg

i-Pd4RWkS-X2.jpg
Nice knife, those speakers remind me of B&W’s or BANG and OLEFSON , or even THIEL’s, I myself am a Planar kind of guy, with my small regular SEBENZA of course

JTR357

Gold Member
This old thread is pretty helpful with what you're asking.