EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

TGIF.

Cann't help it, this guy does look like a woodpecker to me. Very comfortable though.

i-rZzBkDJ-X3.jpg

I remember seeing your pic of this one from the week before last and scratching my head a little, wondering which Cheburkov it was as I have several and really like Alex's work. Looking again at your knife today, light dawned on Marble Head and I realized that it's of course a Hudson (Gudzon) which is one of the favorites in my accumulation and a fairly frequent carry. I just got fooled by the angle of your shot. Mine's the Lightweight version with an all-CF show side and an M390 blade. I really like the San Mai on yours and it's kinda cool to know there's another Hudson here on Cape.

View attachment 1901985
Alex does beautiful work, this one is fully milled out and contoured but Im sure its not as light as that beautiful CF/390. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather on CC!

A number of recent posts regarding excellent, yet unfortunately discontinued Benchmade knives had me scurrying to my BMK drawers this morning and selecting the 707 Sequel to carry on my morning cardio trek. We all have those knives that we miss and regret selling off back in the day to help fund other purchases, and I do have a few of those that bring a rueful sigh when running into an old pic, but I certainly don't have any regrets about keeping most all of those classic Benchmade that still help fill my knife drawers.

I've always been a great fan of the little brother 705 that mates so well with the 710 and still have two of the former to go with my three of the latter. I bought my 707 almost grudgingly as I both resented it supplanting the 705 after its short run and was no particular fan of the replacement's aluminum handle. Fortunately, I had picked up a nice pair of DOAT CF scales along with one of my 705's and quickly added those to the Sequel (there's a pun there somewhere, I know).

Anyway, I carried the 707 IWB in the morning and planned to add a larger classic BMK for the afternoon when changing into more substantial clothing. I got out my 800 and 806 AFCKs along with my 805 TSEK to choose from and snapped a couple pics of the four together.

View attachment 1904001

View attachment 1904002

In the end, I never did change out of my b-ball shorts and sneaks, but ended up choosing a different, smoother-handled but larger knife for IWB carry as I loaded up the truck and delivered my finally completed 45 window pans to my contractor client's job site. The 908BK-1501 AXIS Stryker II is also sadly out of production along with all previous iterations of that model, and I'm certainly glad to have this excellent M4-bladed knife and that we also have two other full-sized AXIS Strykers along with one mini in our house, though they're actually in my wife's knife drawer.

My apologies for the photo dump, long-windedness, and straying off-topic here, but y'all know me by now, I should think, and I did carry at least two of those pictured today....

View attachment 1904012

View attachment 1904014
Beautiful knives. I wish BM still made stuff this good.

Beautiful knives. I wish BM still made stuff this good.
Thanks, man, and no kidding re the older BMK models vs what's currently available. I've always liked the older, semi-industrial vibe that earlier Benchmades gave off with their G10 scales over SS liners on knives like the 710, AFCK, Stryker, and others. They did CF better than anybody too as evidenced by the 908BK-1501 in the post you quoted and my 940-1/943 Franken. I know a lot of members here really love their Bugouts, but I haven't seen anything BMK's put out for quite some time that really tickled my fancy save for some of the exclusive and special edition Grips with open backs and non-Noryl handles. Maybe we're just turning into old they don't make 'em like they used to curmudgeons. :rolleyes:

Back