1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Huh? o_O

2. onionfan

onionfan

Nov 29, 2008
    Since we're on page 801, my Zt801.

[​IMG]

3. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
  4. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Ice coffee after some yard work...
    [​IMG]

5. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    A Swiss Army Knife, his name was Karl Hungus. Blue. Fight them yesterday.

6. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Wife's all the time carry is a Bugout and she just got some fancy handles for it.
    20190809_131229-1095x1196.jpg

7. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    DPX photo 1.JPG

8. kda89508

kda89508 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2005
    upload_2019-8-9_18-58-57.jpeg

9. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
  10. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just pocketed a limited edition CRKT Titanium Hi-Jinx (designed by Ken Onion and made by LionSteel) that I received in the mail today.

Didn't even know that it existed until a few days ago and was able to buy this one for less than asking price on EB. It was the 2014 Blade Magazine Knife of the Year and is identical in profile to (but is overbuilt and much heftier than) the standard version of the Hi-Jinx that I already owned.

Speaking of "overbuilt" and "hefty", the blade thickness/weight of the Ti is 5mm/6.4oz vs 2.82/4.9 mm on the standard version. I don't mind the extra wt of the Ti, which makes it feel like a much bigger knife in your hand than it is but doesn't feel that heavy in the pocket.

It has just a little bit of lock stick which (unlike my Nirvana) can be eliminated by simply pulling back on the blade w/minor pressure while releasing the lock bar.

It is a beautiful knife which I am happy to add to my collection. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  11. toto07

toto07

Oct 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

12. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Last lake day at the family cabin for this year; I figured the Mini Crooked River on the lake would make for a fitting carry piece today.

[​IMG]

13. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Pommel.

14. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
  15. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Out and about with the Keen again, of course, but I also picked up a Cold Steel Spartan that I've been enjoying around the house. My Spyderco Szabo really opened my eyes to how manageable a 4.5" blade folder could be to carry around! :)

[​IMG]

16. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_6344.JPG
    Nice! Who is the maker of those cf scales? Ive been looking at getting some for my zdp endura for a while now and was thinking silver twill possibly although some G10 would be good also. Maybe both as I own a few enduras.

MolokaiRider, abbazaba, ggw and 18 others like this.
  17. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Back on the job site today after spending yesterday mostly in the woodshop. The Turtle stayed in my pocket, though, to shave a little wood and cut my pastrami and cheese in two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Carried my Shaman all day and I’m liking it even more .
    What a solid well made knife . I love the action and detent . It feels like a paramilitary on steroids. I love my para’s but this one feels like it scratched a itch I couldn’t reach is the best way to put it lol :D
    [​IMG]

19. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks! Aramis Akhmedov made these, if you look his name up you’ll find a few different places to buy his scales or have some made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  20. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014