EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

H2qdBJp.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg
Thanks! Aramis Akhmedov made these, if you look his name up you’ll find a few different places to buy his scales or have some made.

4CHO0fH.jpg

Q4XJgbD.jpg

Wow those are really nice! Coincidentally his scales are the ones ive been looking at so i think ive decided where to get them now. How is the CF traction and finish? Slick and shiny or more matte on yours?

This positron is growing on me. The action is good and it fills the hand nIcely with the contoured scales for a smaller folder (even at only .5" thick and after swapping out the hot spot deep clip). The CF is good looking and is full CF throughout which is nice. The only thing that's keeping me from liking it more is the terrible access to disengage the liner lock. Maybe i could relieve the cutout more for better access but ive never worked on CF so im concerned about chipping etc. maybe ill give it a try with some fine grit abrasive as i have up to 2000 grit belts for my little belt grinder then finish up by hand. Right now disengagement is pretty much a 2 handed affair.

View attachment 1176657

Wow those are really nice! Coincidentally his scales are the ones ive been looking at so i think ive decided where to get them now. How is the CF traction and finish? Slick and shiny or more matte on yours?

This positron is growing on me. The action is good and it fills the hand nIcely with the contoured scales for a smaller folder (even at only .5" thick and after swapping out the hot spot deep clip). The CF is good looking and is full CF throughout which is nice. The only thing that's keeping me from liking it more is the terrible access to disengage the liner lock. Maybe i could relieve the cutout more for better access but ive never worked on CF so im concerned about chipping etc. maybe ill give it a try with some fine grit abrasive as i have up to 2000 grit belts for my little belt grinder then finish up by hand. Right now disengagement is pretty much a 2 handed affair.

The finish on mine are matte. From your pic, the Positron looks like it has a similar finish on the CF. Overall, Aramis makes good stuff, you can hardly see any of the machining lines on the contours. I asked him for a red backspacer on for mine but I’m sure he can do whatever you want. Check out his Instagram if you haven’t already, he has some of that new Fat Carbon Fiber that he’s using; looks neat. I wanted just the classic CF look. Couldn’t be happier, these scales took my Endura up to the next level.

Back