EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IMG_6423.jpg
Even though I was aware of the "shortcomings" of the Positron, I still bought one anyway, mainly because Nick Shabazz called it a POJ:p. Of course, all the complaints people had about it turned out to be nothing AFAIC.

However, the cutout to the lock bar was an issue, especially when fidgeting with it, so a little doctorin' was needed. I went outside and with my brand new Canadian Tire branded Dremel, and took just enough off to make it easier. Only took a few minutes of very careful and slow removal. Unless you looked really hard and knew what to look for,
so it looks ok, not perfect but a lot better.
4XF3lM0.jpg

Nz1us0Q.jpg

d3CBYNM.jpg

Awesome! I kinda had a bAd impression also on the positron after watching his review but got a super stellar deal on it so thought id try it out. This mod is just what i was looking to see. So no issues with chipping or cf voids? Kinda hard to tell but looks like there is still meat left and you didnt have to get too close to the liner which i was also wondering. Im gonna end of doing mine bc i want the fidget factor!

960 this morning on a rather busy Sunday.

Last edited:
View attachment 1177078

Awesome! I kinda had a bAd impression also on the positron after watching his review but got a super stellar deal on it so thought id try it out. This mod is just what i was looking to see. So no issues with chipping or cf voids? Kinda hard to tell but looks like there is still meat left and you didnt have to get too close to the liner which i was also wondering. Im gonna end of doing mine bc i want the fidget factor!

960 this morning on a rather busy Sunday.
There's still around an eighth of an inch or so before the liner and no obvious grooves that I can see (I am old and can't see worth a fiddler's fart, so take that into account). After I posted the pictures, I smoothed the cut-out a little more and it looks more like a "factory" job. Not to mention, I can now consistently open the knife with the small spydie hole if I want a more subdued open.

I’m right there with you on the great look of a used knife, especially Ti. Thanks.
I was going to post it in the “Bottle Opener Knife” thread, that’s what all the marks on the end of the scale are from.:)
Agreed. I was asking bcoz of mill traces on ti. I always thought they polish the sebs before blast

Back