EDI Gensis

Coronach - I do the same thing that you're suggesting. I use my Genesis (straight edge, black blade) and have a Microtech SOCOM M/A strictly for defense. You definitely don't need to "baby" your Genesis. It'll stand up to whatever you can throw at it. The SOCOM has nice big thumb studs that would be next to impossible to miss while opening. IMHO, the Genesis thumb studs are a little on the small side to be used for defense. Don't get me wrong - my Genesis flicks open with the best folders on the market, I'd just like to have a bigger target for my thumb if the fecal matter impacts... If you look around, you can probably find a good deal on the SOCOM. We've got a part-time dealer in our area that hits the weekend gun/knife shows that has been selling M/A SOCOM's for $160, tax included. Hope this helps.

Kelly

[This message has been edited by Senator (edited 25 February 1999).]

I haven't read what everyone else in this post has said about the GENESIS, but I have read good things about it. It rides deep in your pocket to conceal. It appparently has great slashing potential too. Solid lockup, with all the rest makes it into a great knife. But again, this is all what I've read in magazines etc.

------------------
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it"

Back