Embarrassed to ask this: What knife is featured in COD: Ghosts?

So, this all started on reddit...on the spur of the moment late at night, and the frustration has made me buy a Rodent Waki and a Mantis Chaos 2 out of disgust for the things I've had to sift through (MTech and Chinese knock-off crap)...it was an expensive, yet rewarding evening. :)

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/CODGhosts/comments/1psugu/what_real_life_production_blade_is_the_knife_in/

So, as reddit is pretty much useless when it comes to these things and my own research has hit a dead end, I'm coming to the heavy guns for help. What is this Tracker-like blade that's featured in the new video game Call of Duty: Ghosts?

Knife_used_by_Keegan_Federation_Day_CoDG.png

I know I've seen it before, but I can't figure out the manufacturer...the reddit link shows the research I've already completed/late night descent into madness, so if anyone here might be able to help me out, I would be eternally grateful...as will an entire video gaming community which serves as a seaway into knife collecting :)

It's classified as the Survival Knife. Looks like a familiar one I've seen. Maybe a Boker?

Mtech usa xtreme mx-8054

You can wonder if they stole that design but I don't think it came from anyone reputable to bbegin with.

Last edited:
Just buy the Mtech version of that knife if you want something that looks like it. The design's completely ridiculous, so it's not as if the knife would actually benefit from high-end materials, anyway.

Last edited:
Its a tacti-cool knife designed by some intern @ Infinity Ward. I hate video game knives, they all look like this. I call it, "cool beyond function"

Whoa, guys, let's not forget that IW and Treyarch have shown decent knife savvy in previous games....from the Strider BN and Emerson Karambit, to the Blackhawk Tatang and Boker Plus Armed Forces.

And also let us not forget that everything produced by MTech is a replica of a real knife maker's knife. This appears to be some kind of Tracker variation, and in that concept of use, not too stray from loyal.

I'm quite certain someone respectable, or at least decent, produced this knife. I refuse to believe that Activision would glorify a $28 piece of unsharpenable garbage in their flagship game.

Whoa, guys, let's not forget that IW and Treyarch have shown decent knife savvy in previous games....from the Strider BN and Emerson Karambit, to the Blackhawk Tatang and Boker Plus Armed Forces.

And also let us not forget that everything produced by MTech is a replica of a real knife maker's knife. This appears to be some kind of Tracker variation, and in that concept of use, not too stray from loyal.

I'm quite certain someone respectable, or at least decent, produced this knife. I refuse to believe that Activision would glorify a $28 piece of unsharpenable garbage in their flagship game.

They also used a Randall. But just as well, those knives at least appeared to have function in mind. I'm not saying for certain that this one doesn't have any function, but it doesn't look like it does. Not sure how a sawback is beneficial for tactical use.

The game is supposed to be more about these guys out surviving after "The Federation" (South America) hacks our space station and wretches us with tungsten rods from space, destroying all of my favorite and least favorite cities. So, a Tracker-style blade.....kinda fits.

And when was a Randall used? I missed that one....

Black ops 1. Used a Model 18.

From what I've gathered, the knife used is simply Mtech's tactical take on the Tom Brown Tracker.

Still, even for survival, that blade is terrible in design. Perhaps they chose an Mtech because it's more of that's what these guys could find while surviving. :p

Damn this thread made me spend an hour reading about tungsten rods being dropped from space to cause earthquakes on earth.

humans suck balls.

Plausible indeed but the milling, handguard, saw teeth and grinds don't match up as perfectly as the Mtech. But I bet that's where Mfamous Tech found their "inspiration."

Back