Embarrassed to ask this: What knife is featured in COD: Ghosts?

Austinaftermath, thank you so much for your detective work!

I KNEW their was no way MTech would ever produce an original design!

To each his own, but to me it,s a ridiculous design, almost useless,

He he, I'm afraid you are correct. You see, it's quite an interesting story with this knife and it started as a just for fun project where I wanted to conceive the most hollywoodian, post apocaliptic, epic zombie slayer knife I could think of. I never thought someone would even consider making it for real but here we are, LOL.

Anyway, I'd like to thank my friend Trevor for pointing me the links to the CoD Forum where they talk about the abovementioned knife and I also thank you for your comments.

FYI, this is what started it all ;):
Blade46.jpg

He he, I'm afraid you are correct. You see, it's quite an interesting story with this knife and it started as a just for fun project where I wanted to conceive the most hollywoodian, post apocaliptic, epic zombie slayer knife I could think of. I never thought someone would even consider making it for real but here we are, LOL.

Anyway, I'd like to thank my friend Trevor for pointing me the links to the CoD Forum where they talk about the abovementioned knife and I also thank you for your comments.

Blade46.jpg

Mr. Dionescue, would you be interested in speaking to the fans of the video game and answering a few questions? I think you would get some interesting responses.... :)

I'm thinking reddit might be the best place for it, in the form of an "AMA," or "ask me anything," a form of internet-based interview that has become quite popular.

I wouldn't mind helping you set it up if you're interested....

Whoa, guys, let's not forget that IW and Treyarch have shown decent knife savvy in previous games....from the Strider BN and Emerson Karambit, to the Blackhawk Tatang and Boker Plus Armed Forces.

And also let us not forget that everything produced by MTech is a replica of a real knife maker's knife. This appears to be some kind of Tracker variation, and in that concept of use, not too stray from loyal.

I'm quite certain someone respectable, or at least decent, produced this knife. I refuse to believe that Activision would glorify a $28 piece of unsharpenable garbage in their flagship game.

Activision has done much worse.

Blade46.jpg

Well dude, Call of Duty might just make you rich lol

They also used a Randall. But just as well, those knives at least appeared to have function in mind. I'm not saying for certain that this one doesn't have any function, but it doesn't look like it does. Not sure how a sawback is beneficial for tactical use.

Uhm, in stealth tactics, (since thats what the ghosts in the game are mainly deployed for) a sawback design is used to approach an enemy from the rear quietly and slit their throat while keeping your edged weapon in a position to kill another target with a slash or thrust. Same with a reverse edge serration.

I meet Activision and COD Ghosts, and raise them.

8788023_1.jpg

Just saying....
When going Tacticool, keep it old school.

It's a semi knock off of MT Knives "USK". The knife in the game is based on the Mtech though, as is the knife in Halo 4. I actually own the Mtech and have purposefully tried to break it. You can see the saw teeth are bent and chipped from using a hatchet head to baton with it. One of the grip screws shot out fast enough it would have broken a window I was hitting it so hard to get it through a knot. The edge geometry is of the sharpened pry bar state so it isn't easy to get sharp. Over all, it is a damn tough knife for a China made product. I've split a LOT of wood with it and the Tracker style dip actually does seem to help.

Fit and finish of the knife sucks and the ergonomics could be better, but I have to give it to it, it's tough as heck.

IMAG0147.jpg

You can see in this picture where I've reground the tip after hammering it through a cinder block.

Last edited:
I just know I'm going to be flamed to a crisp for this but I have accepted my fate and meet it calmly...

So here goes: I don't think the knife is that useless overall. I think a high quality tool steel version with a slightly pointer tanto point would actually make some sense.

It obviously has hatchet type qualities and the serrated portion is a good rope/fibrous materials cutter. The sawback is good for carrying stuff.

In a fight I can think of a pletora of different knives I'd rather wield but as a tool I can see it have some good use

Uhm, in stealth tactics, (since thats what the ghosts in the game are mainly deployed for) a sawback design is used to approach an enemy from the rear quietly and slit their throat while keeping your edged weapon in a position to kill another target with a slash or thrust. Same with a reverse edge serration.

Since you're the stealth tactics expert apparently...why a sawback, specifically? Why not, you know, just a dagger, or a double edged blade? I mean, it's not like blades with an edge on each side have been around since, like, as long as edged weapons have existed or anything...

It's a semi knock off of MT Knives "USK". The knife in the game is based on the Mtech though, as is the knife in Halo 4. I actually own the Mtech and have purposefully tried to break it. You can see the saw teeth are bent and chipped from using a hatchet head to baton with it. One of the grip screws shot out fast enough it would have broken a window I was hitting it so hard to get it through a knot. The edge geometry is of the sharpened pry bar state so it isn't easy to get sharp. Over all, it is a damn tough knife for a China made product. I've split a LOT of wood with it and the Tracker style dip actually does seem to help.

Fit and finish of the knife sucks and the ergonomics could be better, but I have to give it to it, it's tough as heck.

IMAG0147.jpg

You can see in this picture where I've reground the tip after hammering it through a cinder block.

looks like a sweet beater. You should have a vid of the abuse. I would love to see that.

I was a medic in the Dutch Army years ago. I don't claim to be any Spec op stealth ninja operator in any way but I can tell you instantly killing a human being with a knife isn't easy and certainly not as silent as you see in the movies. It's a bit of a morbid talk but it takes shutting down the small brain or piercing a sizeable hole in multiple chambers of the heart to kill someone near instantly. Other injuries including a slit throat take way more time during which I guarantee you "stealthy" goes out the window.

A soldier in full combat gear would be near impossible to instantly knife to death.

looks like a sweet beater. You should have a vid of the abuse. I would love to see that.

Honestly, I tried to kill this knife. Literally, I tried to break it. I lobbed it at a tree so hard that when I finally got a good throw that stuck, I had to use a log to pound it back out. When I said I hit it hard with a hatchet head, I mean really hard. You can see on the stupid over exaggerated first finger groove where the G10 is melted from me tying it to a stick and using it as a fire poker.

This may sound stupid, but this particular knife earned a permanent spot in my collection and won't be subjected to intentional breakage anymore. I've laughed it off everytime, but I keep thinking about reprofiling the grip and grinding down the teeth to a secondary chisel grind.

If this knife had a motto, it would be "I think I can, I think I can". About the only thing I didn't do was put it in a vice and snap it with a breaker bar.

Is there some where I can buy a "Dialex H.E.C.K". I really want one.
For some reason I cant view the dialex.99k.org site.
Please link me if you can though any help is appreciated!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was based off of the mtech version. They likely just did an image search for tactical or survival knives and picked the most tacticool looking one they could find, so in that way it fit the creators intent. If the Mtech was cheaper I'd get one as a beater since it looks like a sharpened pry bar but I think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and buy a Condor or something.

My roommate's actually playing Ghosts right now and has the knife out. What timing. Anyway, apparently they didn't copy the handle. I mean, just looking at the pictures in this thread lead me to believe holding that thing like in the picture would be ungodly uncomfortable.

The knife you are talking about is called a H.E.C.K KNIFE. I also really wanted that knife so i did the research and i'm very sure its the H.E.C.K knife.

Back