Embarrassed to ask this: What knife is featured in COD: Ghosts?

or if you want to be more specific i found a very similar one called M-Tech XTREME Tactical Fighting Knife MX8054

Uhm, in stealth tactics, (since thats what the ghosts in the game are mainly deployed for) a sawback design is used to approach an enemy from the rear quietly and slit their throat while keeping your edged weapon in a position to kill another target with a slash or thrust. Same with a reverse edge serration.

Gonna need to see your mall ninja card, sir. I'm not entirely sure that you have the credentials to make that statement.

Gonna need to see your mall ninja card, sir. I'm not entirely sure that you have the credentials to make that statement.

Agreed. In fact in many documentaries and forums with real vets from previous wars, most of the "uber stealthy knife kills" when they actually had reason to use them, seem to have been performed the same way:

Come up behind enemy, put off hand over enemy's mouth. Use main hand to grip knife, stick knife in stomach repeatedly. No quiet throat slitting seems to have been favored among guys who actually might have needed "stealth tactics."

Guess there could be modern vets today who do, I don't know, most of the wartime first-hand accounts I read/listen to are WWI-WWII stuff.

Uhm, in stealth tactics, (since thats what the ghosts in the game are mainly deployed for) a sawback design is used to approach an enemy from the rear quietly and slit their throat while keeping your edged weapon in a position to kill another target with a slash or thrust. Same with a reverse edge serration.

This made me laugh and spoken with such authority.

219wa3q.jpg

Pretty sure most stealth tactics involve a suppressor and dropping the enemy from the next zip code :rolleyes: But even still, a standard double edged blade would probably be more effective than a sawback for that kind of work. Also, slitting someones throat with a knife isn't exactly a "silent kill" either...

Agreed. In fact in many documentaries and forums with real vets from previous wars, most of the "uber stealthy knife kills" when they actually had reason to use them, seem to have been performed the same way:

Come up behind enemy, put off hand over enemy's mouth. Use main hand to grip knife, stick knife in stomach repeatedly. No quiet throat slitting seems to have been favored among guys who actually might have needed "stealth tactics."

Guess there could be modern vets today who do, I don't know, most of the wartime first-hand accounts I read/listen to are WWI-WWII stuff.

The fairbairn sykes knife was meant to be thrusted into the side of the neck, behind pretty much everything but the spine, then punched forward with extreme force basically all but decapitating the enemy. In the process destroying the vocal cords. This is acording to some old british soldiers I saw talking about it on youtube. You could stab somebody a lot in the stomach and even chest before they die. Not likely to be very stealthy. But the hand over the mouth was dead on according to those british comando dudes and common sense lol.

That being said that knife would be pretty awful as a combat knife. And the idea of using a sawback to cut throats just so the edge was in line for a slash is a seriously high level tecnique that only the very upper echelon of mall ninjas are taught. They're probably outside your windows right now for revealing it.

The second someone sees you sawing away at their buddies throat they're going to shoot you possibly through their now dead friend.

I was under the impression that when "properly" slitting someones throat you actually stab into the neck from the side than thrust out. No actual "slitting" involved.

No need to use a knife, just snap the neck like Steven Seagal. This way your knife remains sharp so you can cut string and apples when you get back from your stealth mission at the mall.

A little off topic, but I was revisiting a couple missions in MW3 just a few minutes ago, and for the first time noticed there was a knife sitting on the wooden crate next to the Russian presidents daughter (in the Siberian mine mission). And it actually looks to be a digicam/satin spyderco Millie! Hole in the blade and everything. Pretty cool:thumbup:

Found someone else who also saw it:

0338DSC_3136.JPG

And apparently it's in another part too....

callofduty-spyderco.png

Seeing these threads on this forum, it has become clear to me that any knife featured in a popular video game, no matter how silly its design, will have an audience.

Seeing these threads on this forum, it has become clear to me that any knife featured in a popular video game, no matter how silly its design, will have an audience.

To be fair, I got mine before it was in Halo or COD. :D

I gave mine to one of my roommates awhile back though. It was good at splitting wood, but that was about it.

Back