Emerson Sheepdog Flipper lacking detent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ernest, very well said.

Not only do you design and produce some of the world's finest knives, but you are able to convey your thoughts in a very straightforward, clear and professional manner. I salute you. I just wish I had the ability to do so as well myself.

Myself, I think EmersonRep is doing a fine job. He's pretty even-keeled and represents the brand well. I'm pretty certain I've read every one of his posts since the day he started, so I can say that with no hesitation.

And bobnery, I look forward to your thoughts on the next Emerson you receive. The smart money is on it's a whole different experience, so it might behoove you to follow through on it. It could be exactly what you were looking for.

behoove me? That's a pretty strong word. I'm not boycotting Emerson, but I'm also not going to be purchasing one in the foreseeable future. Yes it looks like this situation will be worked out, but there is not a knife out there made by anyone I have to have. At the end of the day they are sharp things that cut stuff, and there are a lot of choices

You should have bought a Kershaw Emerson (I have two, both perfect knives). Kershaw has a great return/warranty service with no restocking fees!

the op did buy a zt instead...a 562, not the collabs though. said so on his youtube page.

Yes very pleased with it. The 560 and 561 while nice weren't my cup. But that is really here nor there

Also sone clarification from Ernest himself

We are all square and I appreciate their help

Video will be removed shortly

Sorry bobnery, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers at all man.

What I meant to say was that the four Emersons I've gotten, 2 CQC 15s, a Super Commander and a Christmas Journeyman, which was within the last 6 months or so also, had really, really good F&F on them. If you held any of those four, you would not see an issue whatsoever. And that is just how they came, but I did tweak the pivot screw tension downward a hair on the Journeyman and one of the 15s.

I totally agree, your knife was definitely defective. It was a safety issue. And yes, it sucked.

But even after all this publicized activity, you are not going to benefit from the man himself going over the knife they would be sending you, or the repair of that one. After which it would have been two-day shipped back to you probably, which is how they ship typically.

You're certainly correct, they are just knives, but what you would have gotten back possibly would have gotten you to appreciate this brand of knives like many of us do, or turned you off for good, which happens. And life goes on.

BTW, I have two ZT 0560s myself, a satin and a black. And I agree with you, they are perfectly fine, heavy duty knives but I feel kinda "meh" about them. I'm gonna put them on the exchange at some point.

Thanks bobnery, have a good one!

John

Last edited:
Thanks for clarification john. Have a good one I think it's time to wrap this one up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back