1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Emerson "Wave Shaped Feature" Announcement

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Ernest Emerson, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator

Mar 7, 2014
    Since a trademark identifies a product's source isn't it advised that Emerson will have to wave ALL of their knives?

2. MRider86

MRider86 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Congrats!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  3. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Still doesn't effect protrusions on a blade that effect the same opening on draw... DDR Maxx/AXD, DPX HEST, Medford TFF3, etc.

4. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    [video=youtube;rgw26gQlQWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgw26gQlQWw[/video]

You win.

5. mrnotsam123

mrnotsam123

Aug 4, 2013
    Damn that made me a little sad. Won't claim to understand it, but an interesting thing to see nonetheless.

Alternatively Congrats Mr. E on the trademark!

6. SpeedHoles

SpeedHoles

Jan 18, 2015
    Said the garage door.

7. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

:D

8. 155440

Aug 7, 2012
    Absolutely Bad Ass as always CM.

9. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Absolutely off the hook, Matt. I'm loving my FTW Mossyhorn Slasher.

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Tantrum fail. ^^^^^^^

No stomping of feet.
    Not enough incoherent bleating.
    No tears.
    :D

11. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    LOL, thanks.

12. PNWhovian

PNWhovian

Jan 16, 2015
    Curious why you couldn't sell it as a private individual. You're not marketing your mod, it was for personal use and you don't seem to be basing your business on that mod, it's just a one off sale. What am I missing?

13. Wanimator

Wanimator

Mar 7, 2014
    hahahaha!

14. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Wait I'm confused... so you can't sell your own knife that you modded? I found the trademark but have no idea how such legal things work.

15. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    They seem to think I'm making money on a modded knife that I sell after I've found something that I like better... hahaha! I'm lucky if I get half what I paid.

16. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Noooooooooooo!!!!

[video=youtube;WWaLxFIVX1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

I would have taken that knife and used it. :(

17. PNWhovian

PNWhovian

Jan 16, 2015
    Maybe they should focus on improving QC before thinking about who modded their own personal knife/knives and then decided to sell them.

18. snooka

snooka

Jun 1, 2013
    I agree, CM contacted him in regards of wave modding, Mr Emerson did'nt aprove it very much.
    Sad thing.
    It's a bottle opener !!!

19. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Don't ask don't tell!

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Youre missing the fact that CM has advertised his services to wave mod knives as a business, when he had no verbal or written permission from Emerson to do so... and was asked several times to stop doing so. Now, EKT will have perfect legal recourse to keep knifmakers such as this from helping themselves to his design.