End of the year Knives sales for 12/29

I still have my original drawings on how I progressed through the design until I got it where I wanted it and faxed to Bill. He then sent to Kamis who were saying "why would anyone want a straight knife?" lol. Fun times back then.
What was your original overall length?

What was your original overall length?

15 inches. I wrote it on that paper in the picture. I wanted a 9.5"- 10" blade and I think because of the handle length being longer than expected, in order to make it fit the hand right, it ended up being a little longer to maintain that handle length.

Last edited:
I just enlarged it and saw your design lengths! It reminds me of some of the camp knife designs that various blade smiths sold with the ABS. A very effective design!

What I like is the Ang Khola blade design to me is one of the best designs ever and putting it in a straight blade seemed like the logical thing to do.

Absolutely fascinating and privileged to watch a blade master in the throes of creation! Hats off Mr Cobalt!

Absolutely fascinating and privileged to watch a blade master in the throes of creation! Hats off Mr Cobalt!

Not at all, I am just happy that Bill could convince the Kami's to make my ideas a reality.

I still have my original drawings on how I progressed through the design until I got it where I wanted it and faxed to Bill. He then sent to Kamis who were saying "why would anyone want a straight knife?" lol. Fun times back then.

Ha! Whats a fax? Funny I was just thinking it would be great if Aunti would accept Bitcoin er maybe Litecoin right now. Nepal banned Cryptos! Too bad. They will eventually be forced to catch up er go broke. When Cryptos get more public adoption it would be a perfect payment method for HI. She wouldnt have to pay them expensive paypal fees:thumbsup: That would save her thousands of dollars a year. Maybe we should talk? Hmmm?
So its your fault Cobalt! Dangit all! I think I have em all! Well done sir! Thats a fantastic design and I can say I do use them regularly and the Kamis have managed to keep the balance and functionality across all sizes including the Micro.

What has been the Overall length range of the Bowie? The one on this thread is right at 15, but I am guessing there has been multiple lengths?

What has been the Overall length range of the Bowie? The one on this thread is right at 15, but I am guessing there has been multiple lengths?

Part of ndoghouse's collection, including an AKB folder he invented:

9f96e62956c9effb5b04e790ae5a32b2

a192f9d05215cf9e9112476a5965d701

photos from ndoghouse

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-on-my-a-k-bowie.1278993/page-2#post-14658287

Very nice variation. I like that. Going to have to look at other lengths later on.

The biggest AKB I've seen, at the bottom of the photo, "21 1/4 inches long, 1/2 inches thick and weighs 51+ ounces", from a thread by sawgrass:

img_102-jpg.508389

photo from sawgrass

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/my-big-hi-blades.1255563/
Sawgrass sold it and it’s listed back for sale on another sale website. I don’t want to say where because I’m not sure about the rules on this forum!
I’ve asked Ms Yangdu about having another made and she told me between the $375-475 range.
Believe me, I’ve already been checking.

Ghost13…should he win the M-43 with horn at 33 oz. will be a lucky man. I should know since I have an identical Kumar with those specs, although I admittedly paid full retail. It's a beast of a blade, capable of doing serious damage to man, beast and vegetation. Ghost13…you are warned.

Back