• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ESEE - Extremely Disappointed with ESEE 6 and Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike needs to be punched in his face! He was rude and disrespectful and should be ashamed of himself. We shouldn't be focused on the fact that the op shouldn't have sent the knife in for something of this nature, regardless of the senselessness of the complaint. Mike should have been open and understanding and gone above and beyond to satisfy the customer. PERIOD. AND ITS TWICE AS IMPORTANTNIF YOUR CO-OWNER! Mike just made his company look like a bunch of pompass smartass punks.

Mike and Jeff are meanies and their ESEE blades suck and I think that everyone should just mail theirs to me so I can properly dispose of them for you...

There are far too many children on this forum, getting their little feelers hurt by straight talk from stand up folks.

I don't care if it's the OP's 1st post. That is terrible customer service. Actually, it's more like intentionally mean spirited customer service. It actually doesn't surprise me though. I've spent a good deal of time in The IF/Rexburg area and the locals do seem to have a holier than though attitude. Not my favorite part of Idaho.

And there is another dude who shouldn't own an esee. Delicate sensitivities and what not.

We shouldn't be focused on the fact that the op shouldn't have sent the knife in for something of this nature, regardless of the senselessness of the complaint.

Try again. ESEE has a long history of calling people out for doing silly things with their knives. I doubt they will stop, and frankly, it's refreshing to see a bit of common sense injected into the producer/consumer relationship.

A little rust on carbon steel? You don't say...

Nothing that a little front end research on 1095 wouldn't have prevented.....

It's also not rust, it's the formation of surface rust.
How that took 1.5 hours to clean we will never know......

Great steel, well worth a little EXTRA proper maintenance, or just living with a little surface rust.

Once again, Bladeforums has shown its propensity to be touchier than a Vatican summer camp.

You're right...I should have been more sympathetic to the OP.

"I'm very sorry your carbon steel blade got slight rust which was easily removed...that must have been very traumatic.
I also commiserate with you on having to endure the e-mails from the bad, bad man.
If you're ever in the area, I will give you a hug. :)
Good feelings and stainless steel thoughts are headed your way."

You're right...I should have been more sympathetic to the OP.

"I'm very sorry your carbon steel blade got slight rust which was easily removed...that must have been very traumatic.
I also commiserate with you on having to endure the e-mails from the bad, bad man.
If you're ever in the area, I will give you a hug. :)
Good feelings and stainless steel thoughts are headed your way."

I don't think he was talking about the manly side of this discussion.

Mike needs to be punched in his face! He was rude and disrespectful and should be ashamed of himself. We shouldn't be focused on the fact that the op shouldn't have sent the knife in for something of this nature, regardless of the senselessness of the complaint. Mike should have been open and understanding and gone above and beyond to satisfy the customer. PERIOD. AND ITS TWICE AS IMPORTANTNIF YOUR CO-OWNER! Mike just made his company look like a bunch of pompass smartass punks.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back