ESEE pictures and chat πŸ‘πŸ»

That's a great present What are your impressions of it?
I really like it, I LOVE my Esee 5 from the initial impression of it, but the shorter blade left me wanting more. The balance of the E5 is perfect IMO, despite its weight. I sold my previous J2 in March and I’ve been regretting it ever since. The feeling in hand, durability and warranty and overall quality being the main reasons I missed it. I need to get woods time with the J2 to see how I truly feel about it, I used the E5 on a short hike and put it through a quick workout and was very impressed with its performance.

I really like it, I LOVE my Esee 5 from the initial impression of it, but the shorter blade left me wanting more. The balance of the E5 is perfect IMO, despite its weight. I sold my previous J2 in March and I’ve been regretting it ever since. The feeling in hand, durability and warranty and overall quality being the main reasons I missed it. I need to get woods time with the J2 to see how I truly feel about it, I used the E5 on a short hike and put it through a quick workout and was very impressed with its performance.
The Junglas 2 is a knife I'd like to try. The price here in Australia is way up there though.

Wow, that’s crazy! It’s an awesome big knife, any experience with the J2? It seems to fit nicely between the Esee 6 and original Junglas (neither of which I have experience with).
I have the 6 and Junglas. No experience with the Junglas 2. I've only used the Junglas to skin a roo just to say I used it,and my sister cut pavlova with it yesterday 😁. I can see it being useful but not for my lifestyle. The six is great I take it out often hunting and have no problems with it at all.
Also as a side note the 5 feels small after having either of the bigger knifes out in the bush.

I have the 6 and Junglas. No experience with the Junglas 2. I've only used the Junglas to skin a roo just to say I used it,and my sister cut pavlova with it yesterday 😁. I can see it being useful but not for my lifestyle. The six is great I take it out often hunting and have no problems with it at all.
Also as a side note the 5 feels small after having either of the bigger knifes out in the bush.
I’m dying to try the 6, I will say the J2 balances awesome for a large knife. It definitely feels much lighter than it is! I think I’ll get a 6 soon just to try. The 6 with the natural canvas 3D contoured micarta scales looks right up my alley.

The ESEE (sp?) 4 was the first hard use knife I bought for riding in my pack when doing motorcycle trips offroad.
I has been riding there now for over 15 years at this point ( I think) and is still the go too knife.
Got the orange handle one so when it gets dropped I can find it (hate snow).

Have a Carothers Basic 5 on order from his last sale hope to see it sometime in January, wont replace the esee but will be a very nice addition.
I can stand to lose the esee worse case, not a Carothers

jJrCTUCh.jpg

Back