1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

esee5 review chat!!!

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by sadiejane, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sadiejane

sadiejane

Feb 6, 2009
    after seeing adamans first installment, i really wanted to create a place folks could discuss the review. i know you guys got something to say....

way to go dude!

2. FrostofSparta

FrostofSparta

Jun 30, 2010
    Link to review?

3. fixer

fixer Banned BANNED

Mar 9, 2000
  4. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs

May 25, 2007
    SJ ,you beat the 5 pretty good Thank you

5. Longtrang

Longtrang

Jan 21, 2010
    I do have a ESEE5 related question. How is that fire starter dimple used?

6. FrostofSparta

FrostofSparta

Jun 30, 2010
    Yes, I saw that, didn't realize it was the same review. Looks like you did a very nice job testing the knife the way it was intended on being used. Great pics too!

7. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    It's used as the block for the spindle when using a bowdrill for friction fire.

The 5 is a beast of a blade, but not the monster some make it out to be. I think the review thread will sell quite a few of them. Enjoyed sadie’s review and looking forward to the rest. I’ll burn the midnight oil and get mine up soon.

8. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Adam: saw the video/ What, no skirt?

9. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    It's at Tactical Tailor getting some MOLLE webbing added.

10. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    adman i saw the vid and i want to thank you for not doing the review in ESEE underwear (that orange thing that cricketdave reviewed)

11. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    Underwear? When the economy got tough, that was the first thing I nixed to save money. :D

12. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Adam, while you're waiting for the skirt to come back from tactical tailor, you gonna demonstrate shaving your legs with the 5?

13. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    You'll have to wait for the review. :D

14. eloreno

eloreno KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 22, 2010
    When I saw the car door there I thought you were going to let loose and start stabbing the door!

Looking forward to your review. I have a feeling by the time it's my turn the pressure will really be on to write a good review:thumbup:

15. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    He was too busy limp wristing the window :)

16. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    You're jealous because I'm a movie star! :D

17. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Is that what the bad man told you? It's ok. I think you're a glamorous Movie star....

Back on topic, the reviews are looking good. This is a simple unique knife, and I love seeing the different ways people react to it.

18. PayetteRucker

PayetteRucker

Aug 4, 2009
    So the myth that the RC5 can't slice is being proved wrong... it's about time!

19. BigDKC

BigDKC

Jul 4, 2010
    I would LOVE to see this!! This would be what the 5 is all about right, whatever you can throw at it?! Do it! Do it! Do it!!

I'll be buying a 5 before too long, can't wait to see what kind of stuff you guys can throw at it!

I do have to admit, it didn't seem to take to much effort to bust that glass! Never done anything like that before and figured it would take a lot more oomph behind it!

20. sadiejane

sadiejane

Feb 6, 2009
    one of the pressures of being first! i really wanted to bash some car windows(among other things...)but couldnt figure out the logistics in the time frame i had...lots of other ideas too but time ran out. really did wanna pass that knife along so that we're not still on this review 6 months from now....