Eureka, Talon, 92 Photo Gallery

Ooh - it's starting... :thumbsup:

IMG_9092.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

Thanks Darren, was hoping for no end cap but it should still look good

I just confirmed with Joan that the 92 will have end caps this run :thumbsup:

I find that disappointing actually. Would be better at least as a mix of Barehed and Capped but the frame itself being sleek and supple looks at its best in Barehead no mater the scales.

Here, the single-blade Talon version in Ebony, Spear. The Spear is different on the Talon from the Eureka's.

EXrPN9V.jpg

Last edited:
End capped, not my cup.
Bulbous spear instead of that found in the talon, not my cup.
Due to the bulbous spear, the secondary will be o. The mark side, not my cup.
But hey, it's still one heck of a pattern, and no custom Cutler would be able to provide the value that these will be. Enjoy what we get, while we can.

End capped, not my cup.
Bulbous spear instead of that found in the talon, not my cup.
Due to the bulbous spear, the secondary will be o. The mark side, not my cup.
But hey, it's still one heck of a pattern, and no custom Cutler would be able to provide the value that these will be. Enjoy what we get, while we can.
That more bulbous spear was one of the main things that kept me from reserving. I prefer the slimmer version as (I hope) found on the 77.

GEC has these spear blades labeled for the 92 Tidioute. But as I look closer, I'm seeing little teeth in the long pull (long pull on a Tidioute should've tipped me off right away!) Starting to think we may be looking at the upcoming 77 NF Barlow match strike blades here. :D

IMG_9150.jpg

GEC has these spear blades labeled for the 92 Tidioute. But as I look closer, I'm seeing little teeth in the long pull (long pull on a Tidioute should've tipped me off right away!) Starting to think we may be looking at the upcoming 77 NF Barlow match strike blades here. :D

IMG_9150.jpg
Good eye! o_O

IMG_9150.jpg

Don't forget the Northfield blades have matchstrikes also. Can't wait love this pattern!

IMG_5713.jpg

Augie Augie The Champlin version is the best one that's been made so far. Everything right there:placement of gimp shield, lined bolster, Barehead ;) Well, nearly everything right, I almost got hold of a Stag version but the seller changed his mind:(

Don't forget the Northfield blades have matchstrikes also. Can't wait love this pattern!

View attachment 1175248

Augie Augie The Champlin version is the best one that's been made so far. Everything right there:placement of gimp shield, lined bolster, Barehead ;) Well, nearly everything right, I almost got hold of a Stag version but the seller changed his mind:(

Yep, I'd have to agree with Will, it is a spectacularly fine knife. I even like the etch!

I never really looked into this pattern largely because I was just learning about GEC, and had my focus on other patterns. Completely missed the early releases also. This pattern intrigued me greatly when this years Eureka's came out. Problem was that I could not warm up to any of the cover options. I fortunate enough to acquire this 2013 Ebony all steel from a favorite dealer. Such a great pattern, and has such nice curves :)

1g1PG9N.jpg

Back