Everyone's latest acquisitions!

hp2p3Ab.jpg

Buck 301 Forum Knife
Rough Rider RR1569 Moose

No further acquisitions are expected in the foreseeable future.

I am not a big fan of Spyderco knives. Mostly, I don't find the blade shape appealing and I am not too big on liner locks, so most of their offerings hold little interest for me. However, I found myself attracted to the Chaparral. Blade shape is very nice and I have come appreciate the leaf shaped blade after getting an Aitor Pequeya and Mediana. So, I bought myself a birthday present that arrived today. A Chaparral with Raffir Noble scales. The other knife in some of the pics is my Pequeya, which is a pretty small knife.
IMG-5496.jpg

IMG-5497.jpg

IMG-5498.jpg

IMG-5499.jpg

IMG-5500.jpg

I am not a big fan of Spyderco knives. Mostly, I don't find the blade shape appealing and I am not too big on liner locks, so most of their offerings hold little interest for me. However, I found myself attracted to the Chaparral. Blade shape is very nice and I have come appreciate the leaf shaped blade after getting an Aitor Pequeya and Mediana. So, I bought myself a birthday present that arrived today. A Chaparral with Raffir Noble scales. The other knife in some of the pics is my Pequeya, which is a pretty small knife.
IMG-5496.jpg

Happy Birthday! You got a nice one, I contemplated one more than once, wish they did the RN on a Military or a PM2, the Chap is a little too small for my taste.

Thanks! I was a bit surprised at the size, but the way the knife is shaped with the blade itself being part of the handle, my hand naturally grips it and it feels quite good. The blade is very thin and wicked sharp. It may fill the role of a small game dresser as well as a knife suitable for more dressy occasions. Overall, I am pleased and have moved past the size of it. I didn't care for the clip and took it off.

Back