Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I'm still waiting on the Quiet Carry Drift 2 (knurled) and a couple of others to come in, but I had a couple deliveries today and yesterday that should keep me occupied in the meantime. :)

First to come in yesterday was the Benchmade 565-1 Mini Freek in contoured carbon fiber and S90V steel (man I love that steel). First things first. The action on this knife when I received it was COMPLETELY unacceptable. While it was opened, I could VIGOUROUSLY shake it while holding back the AXIS lock and the blade wouldn't budge. Loosening the pivot resulted in no change. Out of the last four Benchmade knives I've purchased, three have been like this. The first that came in like this was a Mini Bugout which I promptly shipped back to the dealer. Even closing it with two hands felt dangerous. The next was Bugout 535-3. I can kind of understand it on the Mini Bugout, but the 535-3 and 565-1 both have an MSRP of ~$300. A $300 knife SHOULD NOT be shipping like this from the factory in my opinion. I completely disassembled the Mini Freek and the pivot was packed full of carbon fiber dust. Like a lot. I cleaned it out and lapped the washers and the action is free swinging now. I'm gonna pull the 535-3 apart next (which I hate doing with AXIS lock knives).

Ok, griping out of the way....

Other than that, I love the knife. Great size, great ergonomics, great steel, great handle material, just an all around great knife. Other than the action, I don't really have anything bad to say about it. The price is too high, and I wouldn't purchase it (or the 525-3) at full price, but if you can get them at ~20% off or so, I consider them a solid deal.

ueqlKw1.jpg

KAsRONZ.jpg

nYzUC0U.jpg

Next is a titanium Kizer Feist that I had custom anodized. The action on this thing is great! :D

It actually wasn't supposed to turn out like this, lol. The scale of the design was supposed to be much smaller with the lines very fine, like damascus. I had sent a few pictures of the scale/design I was going for, but I unfortunately neglected to scale down the very last pattern I sent because I figured we were on the same page. Turns out I can't expect people to read my mind, lol. Completely my fault.

I was going to have it redone, but after looking at it for a bit, I decided I actually like it quite a bit. Fairly unique, and if I decide I was the damascus look, I can just send it out again.

78FtKSV.jpg

qSgWlzQ.jpg

vJB5puM.jpg

And last, but certainly not least is a custom anodized Spyderco SpydieChef with matching titanium screws. :)

Ok... This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm just going to say it. Owning both... I think the SpydieChef is a considerably better knife than the Slysz Bowie. There, it's out there. No take backs.

The SpydieChef is a flipping sweet knife. Everything about it just oozes quality to me.

gFZElPW.jpg

S8alhVs.jpg

6PmS46g.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing your project come to fruition! Can't wait to see that damacore etched....

Me too! The maker I have lined up to make the DamaCore Sebenza blade hasn't responded to me in over a month, so I'm hopeful it's still going to happen. He recently took a shard in the eye, so I'm sure that has slowed him down. Worse comes to worst, and I have an idea for a titanium/DamaCore Spyderco Smock. I've been trying to have this made for over almost a year now and my patience is thinning, lol.

Nice Yaru! Almost pulled the trigger on that, but then I found a Biblio.

Thanks! I've been in love with the GM1, but missed the release and haven't been able to find one under about $500 since. I always wanted a ~3" GM1, and had my sites set on the Biblio but I just couldn't get past the lock. I just really don't like the feel of liner locks for some reason. Once I saw the frame lock Yaru, I was all over it, lol.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on the Quiet Carry Drift 2 (knurled) and a couple of others to come in, but I had a couple deliveries today and yesterday that should keep me occupied in the meantime. :)

First to come in yesterday was the Benchmade 565-1 Mini Freek in contoured carbon fiber and S90V steel (man I love that steel). First things first. The action on this knife when I received it was COMPLETELY unacceptable. While it was opened, I could VIGOUROUSLY shake it while holding back the AXIS lock and the blade wouldn't budge. Loosening the pivot resulted in no change. Out of the last four Benchmade knives I've purchased, three have been like this. The first that came in like this was a Mini Bugout which I promptly shipped back to the dealer. Even closing it with two hands felt dangerous. The next was Bugout 535-3. I can kind of understand it on the Mini Bugout, but the 535-3 and 565-1 both have an MSRP of ~$300. A $300 knife SHOULD NOT be shipping like this from the factory in my opinion. I completely disassembled the Mini Freek and the pivot was packed full of carbon fiber dust. Like a lot. I cleaned it out and lapped the washers and the action is free swinging now. I'm gonna pull the 535-3 apart next (which I hate doing with AXIS lock knives).

Ok, griping out of the way....

Other than that, I love the knife. Great size, great ergonomics, great steel, great handle material, just an all around great knife. Other than the action, I don't really have anything bad to say about it. The price is too high, and I wouldn't purchase it (or the 525-3) at full price, but if you can get them at ~20% off or so, I consider them a solid deal.

ueqlKw1.jpg

KAsRONZ.jpg

nYzUC0U.jpg

Next is a titanium Kizer Feist that I had custom anodized. The action on this thing is great! :D

It actually wasn't supposed to turn out like this, lol. The scale of the design was supposed to be much smaller with the lines very fine, like damascus. I had sent a few pictures of the scale/design I was going for, but I unfortunately neglected to scale down the very last pattern I sent because I figured we were on the same page. Turns out I can't expect people to read my mind, lol. Completely my fault.

I was going to have it redone, but after looking at it for a bit, I decided I actually like it quite a bit. Fairly unique, and if I decide I was the damascus look, I can just send it out again.

78FtKSV.jpg

qSgWlzQ.jpg

vJB5puM.jpg

And last, but certainly not least is a custom anodized Spyderco SpydieChef with matching titanium screws. :)

Ok... This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm just going to say it. Owning both... I think the SpydieChef is a considerably better knife than the Slysz Bowie. There, it's out there. No take backs.

The SpydieChef is a flipping sweet knife. Everything about it just oozes quality to me.

gFZElPW.jpg

S8alhVs.jpg

6PmS46g.jpg

Me too! The maker I have lined up to make the DamaCore Sebenza blade hasn't responded to me in over a month, so I'm hopeful it's still going to happen. He recently took a shard in the eye, so I'm sure that has slowed him down. Worse comes to worst, and I have an idea for a titanium/DamaCore Spyderco Smock. I've been trying to have this made for over almost a year now and my patience is thinning, lol.

Thanks! I've been in love with the GM1, but missed the release and haven't been able to find one under about $500 since. I always wanted a ~3" GM1, and had my sites set on the Biblio but I just couldn't get past the lock. I just really don't like the feel of liner locks for some reason. Once I saw the frame lock Yaru, I was all over it, lol.
Liner and frame feels the same for my fingers, obviously differ slightly from design to design. But actually they are my 2nd/3rd least favorite of the popular locks out there (really dont like lockbacks)

Ill share it when it comes in!

A while back, I picked up a Viper Orso, it impressed me and absolutely love it. Been seeing the Belone in the everyday carry thread. When I looked at them at Collector Knives, I said why the hell not. This thing is sweet 😎

RfaJA9e.jpg

Along side the Orso

5hNUOz4.jpg

Ordered but have not yet received:

1) Kershaw Shallot 1840ST

1.jpg

2) ZT 0350CB

20100909161438742_02.jpg

3) Spyderco SmallFly2

B02GP2_Both.png

Each of these knives are variations of the same/similar model that I already own and are just filling out the collection. The photos are taken from the Net and are not photos of the actual knives purchased and still pending delivery.

Just got this gem in the mail.
L9Dr28u.jpg

S steelhead seeker , my gut says that I should be able to recognize the maker...but I gotta ask, what are we looking at here? Anso? Shiro?! Cheburkov?

I’m really diggin’ the lines. Any info is appreciated appreciated. Thanks!

Oklahoma Outlaw Oklahoma Outlaw ,
Oklahoma Outlaw Oklahoma Outlaw , I’ve been looking at this model for a while now. Your pics do a great job showing it off. Just out of curiosity, what color would you use to describe the overall color/hue of the inlays when you look at it in hand?

Thanks in advance!

I already had Roselli UHC hunting knife. It's probably my favourite knife. I wasn't looking for another Roselli hunting knife but then I saw this version with curly birch handle and silver ferrules. The price was so low, that I was unable to resist the offer. Probably they had tried to sell this rather expensive knife long time and it was time to get rid of it.

Back