Evil semi-fullyautomatic knife of terror

Consider adding these to your "safe spaces" carry kit.

cDbH5i7.jpg

While the knife is hilariously small most people would consider cleaning a pocket knife in public to be odd behavior. Its stupid but there it is

I don't even think its stupid.

Was it being used as a tool? No.
Was he alone (albeit with another man) with a young woman in a sound proof box when he decided to pull it? Yes.

Guy just reinforced to yet another person that all of us knife users are threatening crackpots. And somehow that is always "the sheeples" fault.

Good job. Thanks.

I don't even think its stupid.

Was it being used as a tool? No.
Was he alone (albeit with another man) with a young woman in a sound proof box when he decided to pull it? Yes.

Guy just reinforced to yet another person that all of us knife users are threatening crackpots. And somehow that is always "the sheeples" fault.

Good job. Thanks.
Exactly how did he threaten anyone? He's a "crack pot" for tinkering with a tiny new to him knife? That's bull crap.

Guess the term "crack pot" is just used for anything nowadays :rolleyes:

"Threatening" as well apparently. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the meaning of the word "threaten":

Screenshot_20180914-150123_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did he show any hostility? Did he intentionally try and frighten her? No. He didn't.

Furthermore, anyone can be threatened by ANYTHING. Doesn't mean there was ever a threat or that the person threatened them. Criminy.

I had the opposite reaction a couple of weeks ago. I was taking my son to get a physical at the clinic and the doctor was a young woman fresh out of medical school. I had a PM2 clipped inside my pocket and she noticed it when she walked in. Her exact words...”Is that a knife? My Dad’s a knife guy too.” And the exam continued.

I think the only time I’ve ever experienced a mixed reaction is when helping a client open some packages they had shipped over. I pulled out a Rat 1, and the man said, “That’s quite a large knife you’ve got there.” and seemed a little nervous for a few seconds. He then settled down and we carried on. Granted he is a University professor so I imagine his daily work routine puts him around younger folks who may tend to be a bit more squirrelly.

At any rate, it’s always good to put a fellow citizen at ease if they are nervous around a pocket knife. And it’s good to show some discretion based on your surroundings.

Die of tetanus with that heinous thing
You’re on this forum and you’re not up on your tetanus shots? Weird. ;)

What knife is it? I somewhat agree with marcinek that you shouldn’t just whip your knife out in public out of boredom. When you use it at least there’s some context they can register as “oh the guy is only a threat to the blister pack” but then again my edc is a millie...[shrug]. A little different.:D

But seriously, that’s a cool little guy. More info please.

Furthermore, anyone can be threatened by ANYTHING. Doesn't mean there was ever a threat or that the person threatened them. Criminy.

If you can't see the percieved threat of some guy pulling a knife out for no apparent reason on a woman in a sound proof room, I don't know what to tell you.

We can all stick our heads on the sand and pretend that peoples' negative impressions of knife users is entirely their fault and not ours in any way, but that's just silly in my opinion.

I remember having a similar "Gasp of Horrors" from the office Lady's I worked with when I pulled out my swiss army knife to open a box. But they couldn't really say anything because they worked for me, but I was getting strange looks lol

If you can't see the percieved threat of some guy pulling a knife out for no apparent reason on a woman in a sound proof room, I don't know what to tell you.

We can all stick our heads on the sand and pretend that peoples' negative impressions of knife users is entirely their fault and not ours in any way, but that's just silly in my opinion.

Well when else was he supposed to wipe the blood off the blade from his last victim?

Would a sharp pencil elicit the same response? If he pulled an
8in Rambo dagger out his pants then it would be a different story.

Quite a difference in reaction should be had between a slip joint the size of chapstick and a Rambo knife.

If you want to pretend ALL knives should elicit the fearful fret/dread/panic as a large comabt Bowie, I don't know what to tell you.

I had the opposite reaction a couple of weeks ago. I was taking my son to get a physical at the clinic and the doctor was a young woman fresh out of medical school. I had a PM2 clipped inside my pocket and she noticed it when she walked in. Her exact words...”Is that a knife? My Dad’s a knife guy too.” And the exam continued.
Those types of comments are always the best. As for your prof, I usually say something about how it's no bigger than a kitchen knife, or even a steak knife (the knives I carry are often smaller). The "worst" I got was while opening a package for a European guy, he asked if my 3 inch knife was legal. After assuring him it was, he was impressed with how sharp it was.

The truth is these people are afraid of other people. What we really need to ban is humans. Sometimes they have sharp fingernails.
Tis true. The next guy who came in and signed a document with a pen was equally or more dangerous than the slip joint the size of a lipstick.

Guess there's no such thing overreacting :confused:

He could choke her to death with his bare hands and it would probably be quieter than using the 1" slip joint o_O.

Back