1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evil semi-fullyautomatic knife of terror

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 910 Stryker M2HSSR, Sep 14, 2018 at 3:11 AM.

1. NorthernSouthpaw

NorthernSouthpaw

Feb 27, 2014
    Honestly, we need to be aware that we are surrounded by these twatwaffles and understand that, unfortunately most of our overprotective society is on their side.
    To quote the snotty host from Chez Qui.... "I weep for the future"

orangejoe35 and DocJD like this.
  2. 910 Stryker M2HSSR

910 Stryker M2HSSR

Jul 7, 2018
    Reply to several comments.

I didn't wave the knife around yelling allahu akbar. I just took it out, opened a blade, and started rubbing it with the kleenex. I grew up in a time when everyone over 6 years old had a lockback buck knife on their belt and a social justice warrior was someone protesting the recycling tax on cans of beer, so pardon me for not understanding today's need for safe spaces and adult diapers. Would I whip out the zt 0560 clipped to my pocket? Nope, but a 'knife' the size of a quarter... come on.

The hearing test took as long as it did because he was being fitted for hearing aids.

I wish I knew more about the knife. I just thought it was a cool little knife and bought it for 50 cents. The smaller blade has a stamp that looks like it may be ELDON. Here is another pic of it. My feeling is it was meant to be a pocket watch fob. Maybe someone will know what it is.

[​IMG]

Dallas T, Lapedog and steff27 like this.
  3. 910 Stryker M2HSSR

910 Stryker M2HSSR

Jul 7, 2018
    I doubt it. I'm 6' 270 lbs and this girl made me look like a munchkin from wizard of oz.

4. shinyedges

shinyedges Every man's intelligence is a god Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Lol

Dallas T likes this.
  5. SOLEIL

SOLEIL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 20, 2006
    I have had many hearing tests due to deafness of an ear. If they allow anyone in the booth besides the patient it is shear incompetence by the tester. I have never had anyone in the booth with me. These booths are generally made for one person to be tested. The size of the people you described would not fit into a standard booth, they are made for one person at a time. Sorry, it's a story

craytab and Insipid Moniker like this.
  6. 910 Stryker M2HSSR

910 Stryker M2HSSR

Jul 7, 2018
    Go to a Costco and look at their booth and note the extra chair in there for a third person. Yes it's a story. A true story. This is Costco, not your doctor's office.

7. SOLEIL

SOLEIL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Well then his hearing tests are totally bogus. What a waste of time and money.

craytab likes this.
  8. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I can see both viewpoints really. A soundproof enclosed space with a girl by herself is a weird situation to pull out anything sharp, especially with the media these days influencing uninformed people (and maybe she had past bad experience).
    I do agree it is a rather harmless knife and should be acceptable in normal day to day environments and some people have become a little too sensitive.
    @NickShabazz , did a good video on it, we don't usually make fun of people who have problems with phobias of spiders, fire, heights, the dark or anything else seemingly more rational to the public.
    Treat it as a phobia, be understanding and educational about it and show them that knives are 95% of the time used as tools/utensils and the 5% are outliers.

lieferung likes this.
  9. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    There's so many places to move to where EVERYTHING is restricted. I don't know why some people are bent on turning everywhere into those silly places.

It's simple. Want everything restricted and feel safe? Move to north Korea and you won't have civilians carrying ANYTHING :thumbsup:

There's always other places too where they micro manage their populace :thumbsup:

Here in America, if it's legal, and your are minding your own business and are RELATIVELY considerate.... Carry and use what you want :thumbsup:

The cry babies can't do a damn thing. :D:)

Now, obviously whipping out a katana in Costco is inappropriate. There is a difference between a katana, a Rambo knife and a knife the size of a quarter.

The chair in the room was a more dangerous weapon. Irrational fear? Ya think?:rolleyes:

danbot and Lapedog like this.
  10. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Of course the counter to that is that there are many things you are absolutely free to do, but the people around you are absolutely free to think you're a fool for doing them.

11. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    And that is absolutely fine, I'll think overlooking every other item in the room that is a more dangerous weapon is a foolish move and it's perfectly ok to think having a slip joint the size of quarter out in your hands is foolish. Freedom is great.

jux t, danbot and Dangerously like this.
  12. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    And just because something is legal and you are free to do it doesn't necessarily mean you should do it or should expect people to understand you.

Insipid Moniker likes this.
  13. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    I can agree to that within reason. Obviously everyone's opinion of what should and shouldn't be done will differ.

Here in America it differs from place to place. We have quite a different culture than Europe. Although some parts of the US are very Europe like. I'm not a fan of less freedom.

14. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Of course cultures are different but common sense should prevail. I agree freedoms should exist and I get the notion that you need to exercise a right at least enough as to not lose it overnight, on the other hand exercising your right in an "attention baiting" way seems counter productive to me. But it goes kinda political now.

15. Jason_W

Jason_W Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2018
    You have got to be kidding.

16. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Likely is a pocket watch fob knife. Wonder if the hook shaped spoon is an ear wax cleaner.

I can’t imagine the cork screw works very well at unbottling wines.

17. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Hey Costco, I threatens your meelks and joos.

Your move.

44D902CB-A287-444E-B720-5316BDAB840D.jpeg

18. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    If a slip joint the size of a quarter is baiting for attention then we clearly have different opinions on what baiting for attention is. Not surprising though as Germany has significantly different freedoms and as such the people there are used to that as normal. Not so here.

An old slippy the size of a quarter is hardly baiting.

19. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Oh no, not that knife. Not even Charlie Mike running his fighting knife concealed. I meant those dudes with decked out AR's on a sling in police station proximity or outside strip malls waiting to be "hassled by police for exercising their rights."
    Like I said common sense. The tiny knife isn't something people should be fearful of.

ATJ999 and shinyedges like this.
  20. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    Agreed. Mall ninjaing <---not a word :D isn't beneficial to our rights. If anything it's detrimental.

danbot and b00n like this.