Evil semi-fullyautomatic knife of terror

People with PTSD actually do need to get over it. It's a crap way to live life. They need counseling and perhaps medication, but they also need to realize that the world is not going to change to accommodate their issues. Is the person who takes out a small pocket knife to slice their apple the unreasonable one? Or is it the person who runs screaming and flailing their arms hysterically at the sight of it?
Not everyone with PTSD is going to scream hysterically at the sight of whatever triggers them, like in the OP's account. If it did happen like that, she very well could have just been an hysterical drama queen. Have you ever had PTSD or been close to someone who has it? I'm pretty certain that nobody actually enjoys having it. My friend sure as hell didn't. People who have PTSD are not cartoon characters, and they're not all the same. And I'm not going to post on a forum why she had it, because it's nobody else's beeswax. Suffice it to say that hers had nothing to do with knives, and it was bad. And she had had treatment for it. It's not so simple and easy for many people. Other than her trigger, she was/is a very well-adjusted individual, with a wonderful sense of humor.

As far as someone taking out a pocketknife to cut an apple; of course that's not unreasonable. It's all in the context. If I'm waiting at a bus stop and decide to pull out my Delica to clean my fingernails while I'm waiting, I wouldn't be surprised if someone noticed (if they're not engrossed in their iPhones) and at least looked at me askance, if not move away slowly. NOTE: I'm not comparing that to OP's story; this is an exaggerated scenario I'm presenting.

Jim

Last edited:
Not everyone with PTSD is going to scream hysterically at the sight of whatever triggers them, like in the OP's account. If it did happen like that, she very well could have just been an hysterical drama queen. Have you ever had PTSD or been close to someone who has it? I'm pretty certain that nobody actually enjoys having it. My friend sure as hell didn't. People who have PTSD are not cartoon characters, and they're not all the same. And I'm not going to post on a forum why she had it, because it's nobody else's beeswax. Suffice it to say that hers had nothing to do with knives, and it was bad. And she had had treatment for it. It's not so simple and easy for many people. Other than her trigger, she was/is a very well-adjusted individual, with a wonderful sense of humor.

As far as someone taking out a pocketknife to cut an apple; of course that's not unreasonable. It's all in the context. If I'm waiting at a bus stop and decide to pull out my Delica to clean my fingernails while I'm waiting, I wouldn't be surprised if someone noticed (if they're not engrossed in their iPhones) and at least looked at me askance, if not move away slowly. NOTE: I'm not comparing that to OP's story; this is an exaggerated scenario I'm presenting.

Jim
I understand that there is differences in people and in phobias etc. and there are different ways that people deal with them. I'm not meaning to make light of it or diminish it.
Yes, I do know someone close that has PTSD and I wish for them to get past it and live without that burden.

I wonder if she would have the same reaction if you were on your phone playing one of those shooting games ?

The right to keep cleaning my pocket knife with a tissue. Sure a business can deny me service for that and Like I said I would complain to corporate and write in grievance letters over and over.
Ah, so no right what so ever. Clean your knife on your own property or on public property. Then we can have a rights discussion. You don't go on someone else's property and claim rights which you don't have.

Back