F-16 Specs And Pricing. . . . PLUS An Amazing Discount & Nuclear Option Coming Wed. June 17, 2020

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    I went with the nuclear comp option. I couldn't pass this one up. I am jacked up to receive this blade. I am a gambler at heart so the grab bag deal was the one for me. Either way I am getting a top notch blade at a very reasonable price. Thanks Jerry and team!!! FABU!!!!

LizaMari likes this.
  2. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services

Oct 26, 2010
    Ok hogs. So I will openly admit I jumped the gun on my comments on value for the nuclear option. What I said was based on the info given but as we all know, Jerry is a merciful boss man. He called me personally to tell me I’m an idiot and should trust the Busse gods lol. The information provided isn’t all the information. Boss hog has something up his sleeves and I acted like a wee piglet not knowing there was more to it. Fear not the nuclear option fellow hogs.

3. Bing_D

Bing_D

Sep 8, 2006
    Do you mind elaborating? :cool:

JackTheKnifeGuy and JACKMANDU like this.
  4. Blade Runner 7

Oct 26, 2010
    Wish I could but I caint. I don’t know much anyway but the little I know, I was told was top secret.

5. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    8033D4DC-D65C-441E-A34F-7E06CAA7A459.jpeg

vkp78 and tinfoil hat timmy like this.
  6. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006

Damn it! It was long after last call, but they were still there. I was so close.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  7. wmmott

wmmott Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Silver-coated with black micarta and sheath, ordered! Thanks Jerry!

8. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    That's awesome to hear!
    I know the Busse gang wouldn't treat us wrong. But I didn't expect this surprise!

Thanks Boss!

Blade Runner 7 likes this.
  9. vorpalblade

vorpalblade

Jan 13, 2014
    I love the proven toughness of INFI and the great ergonomic handles featured on Busse blades. And I own enough Busse knives to prove it. The F-16 looks like a great chopper which could double for many different uses. Especially in a survival situation, if that was the only blade on your person.

That said .... No nuke option for me. So Busse wants to get rid of excess handle slab inventory? To give you something you may not want and can't return, if you don't. And actually charge extra for it? Gimmie a break.

I ordered the F-16 in comp finish with black and green G10 handle slabs.

And another thing:--- A leather sheath is inadequate for such a long blade with a point so sharp as this. In a fall or some kind of tussle, the point could easily pierce the sheath and your thigh, as well. Offering a kydex scabbard, from a reputable maker, would have been more appropriate, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    ironmike86 likes this.
  10. Blade Runner 7

Oct 26, 2010
    The big naysayer (me) went with the comp nuke option. Fingers crossed!

tinfoil hat timmy and grizzle like this.
  11. grizzle

grizzle Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2016
    Andd...

Nuke is goneee :eek:

12. grizzle

May 8, 2016
    I was gonna ask, how many people expect their F-16 to become users? lol I'm imagining some HOG on a hike with his hunting sword. Will probably turn some heads, but mostly out of jealousy:cool:

ironmike86 likes this.
  13. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi

Oct 24, 2013
    Mine is for zombies. With the way things are going in 2020 I'm sure it'll be a user before the year is out. o_O

boring, Lapp_Dance, pmwc78 and 7 others like this.
  14. 9MM Shooter

9MM Shooter

Dec 29, 2012
    Aye, I don't think you're wrong, though I wish you were. Of course they'll have to eat all the lead I have saved up first.

UNRL Ghandi likes this.
  15. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Remember the sound of the lead attracts the dead. The F16 will silently remove their heads.

16. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Still pondering....... keep measuring my Rucki... Waki... AK47... Just can't bring myself to do it.
    I AM thinking I might order another Rucki. To me, this F-16, as beautiful as it is, makes the Rucki seem even more of a steal.

ironmike86 likes this.
  17. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    I was doing the same measuring. This is what makes me the most excited about the F16. The F16 might be the closest we get to an INFI Rucki. They are very close in overall size and weight. Plus this hollow grind should have the Rucki beat in slicing ability. Although there is nothing wrong with multiple Rucki’s. I have 2, and wish I had a few more color combos.

vkp78 and ironmike86 like this.
  18. vorpalblade

vorpalblade

Jan 13, 2014
    I expect the F-16 will be a great jack of all trades knife. It should do most jobs smaller knives can do but probably take a little longer. It will chop well, but not like an axe. And with its hollow grind, it could take the place of a machete without the full efficiency of such a blade. And the sharp point would not only be useful for piercing or boring leather, bark or fiber but could be used for self-defense as well.
    It also looks like the crest, on the spine is just about at the sweet spot, for chopping.

DavidZ likes this.
  19. 9MM Shooter

9MM Shooter

Dec 29, 2012
    I'd still like to know what the POB is on it, that would give a pretty good idea as to the amount of blade presence when handing it.

grizzle likes this.
  20. grizzle

May 8, 2016
    good question