1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Dec 15, 2016.

1. scottfish

scottfish Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2011
    fairly.jpg Mine hasn't been aging well. But I am sure it's my fault. It has spent a lot of time sheathed in the garage being used as a killer bottle opener. Knife hasn't seen much oxygen.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    flatblackcapo likes this.
  2. sloth357

sloth357 Platinum m0f0 Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Hi fockers. Life is a bitch, yes? I've been busy with kids and poor health mixed with some quality thc. I don't even carry a knife daily but can't get rid of any either :)

I in fact did just put an "I'll take it" for a DFK tanto on the exchange.. keep that shit safe :)_

Hotter than crap today here in PNW and I'm heading back outside O)o

Daniel- how's Co? girls all good?

I'm spent. take care guys and give peace a chance :D

3. sloth357

Jan 5, 2011
    Hmm D, a few knives on your instagram feed look tight... I assume they are all orders or going to a store? the A2 with fullers and shadow box scales.. WHAT UP :D

Ok time for some sort of food and drink, long night with scared kiddo and I'm exhausted =_=

4. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Wooo people! I think D's still recovering. I miss seeing all his crazy good knife pics.

woodysone likes this.
  5. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Yo yo yo yoyo ! :p:D[​IMG]

I heard that he is secretly training for the complete domination of Knife or Death. [​IMG]

Sloth!!! Good to see around! Sorry to hear about the poor health but glad to hear about the quality thc. :D
    Post a pic of that Tanto whenever you get a chance.

D, after seeing all the post I missed, I realized that I never sub'ed this thread. :eek:
    Rookie move, I know. I fixed it .

woodysone and Frailer like this.
  6. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Glad to see you're doing well! We need to get this place rolling again!

7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    YES!
    Rollin', rollin', rollin'....

So I came across this gem while looking for that Rawhide vid.

8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hi! Yes we do need to get this place going again!

I'm still recovering from my eye issue (BRVO) and making knives slowly. Good to see you guys here!

coldsteelburns and flatblackcapo like this.
  9. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    I hoist a glass to your full recovery !

Here's one from waaay back.
    [​IMG]

10. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    Hell yeah, get this place running full bore again!!

11. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Hey there, Wilson, good mornin' [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sloth357

Jan 5, 2011
    WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON FOCKERS! :)_

life is STILL a bitch but I'm fighting back... lots of health issues and still battling.. kids are nuts..

Hope all are doing better than I am, if not, you poor bastards! lol

I'm lazy as hell and taking time to do much of anything besides getting thru the day seems like a chore but hopefully I'll work to something above that soon and drop some photos of oldies and perhaps get something new.

DAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNYEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL quit putting the stink patch on your eye, man! Get better or we have some problems to work out :)

get this.. havent had alcohol in like 2 years, and been off da we3d for 1 f'ing month.. trying to figure out how to live to 65... lol

PEACE OUT, back on and off semi- regularly if possible, at least a few times a month.. ciao!

13. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Yo, Sloth
    Always good to see you around here!
    Ya know that old saying...." If I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."
    I never thought I would live past 30, haha. Btw, if you aren't going to do anything with that weed..... ;):D

14. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Always nice to see some of the old timers here!:eek: Heal quickly Daniel, really would like to see more of your work, always unusual with an eye towards function.

15. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Hey! Who you callin' old timer? ;)

I had the Mini Cleaver with me yesterday.
    [​IMG]

16. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Good to see you guys here! Kevin that pic is killer, is that in an orchard?

I want to get this place going again too! lol I need to get my membership here.

flatblackcapo likes this.
  17. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
  18. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Suuuuup D!
    Yeah, it's a old walnut orchard and the last one in my part of town. I go past it when I walk my dog ( Rilley ) up on the levee.
    The Backpacker went to work with me a couple days last week. It still cuts though cardboard like a laser!
    Two of my favorite things Fairly Knives and burritos.
    [​IMG]

19. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Mornin' Vatos!
    I used this DFK TBO to do a little yard work last weekend.
    [​IMG]
    This thing is a BEAST! You really do make one hell of a knife, Daniel!!

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  20. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Kevin that is the best seeing that on in action!! I don't know if you have seen the test video but I get silly trying to break this thing to no avail.

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!! I finally re-upped my subscription here and hope you guys are ready for some knives!