1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Dec 15, 2016.

1. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Yo, D, my vato, that's great! It's all fallin' into place now!
    No, I haven't seen that test video. Is it on your You Tube channel ?

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  2. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Yes on youtube, I'll see if I can find it. It can take some flex!

Orale!!!

3. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Good morning guys!

flatblackcapo likes this.
  4. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I see you still get up at the crack of dawn! :eek:;):D

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I only need 6 hours of sleep at night and 8 more during the day...

Good morning! I'll hopefully have a Kwaiken finished up and posted today, wish me luck!

flatblackcapo likes this.
  6. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Cat nappin' is where it's at! haha
    I got used to sleeping a few hours at a time when I was in Alaska. I actually liked it, it seemed like I got a lot more done. It took me over a year to get back to sleeping a solid eight hours.
    I look forward to checkin' out that Kwaiken when you finish it up!

dc50 likes this.
  7. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    Sleep? What is this "sleep" of which you speak?

8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I joke, lol I have kids. :D

Hi Wayne! What's going on! What have you been machining?

I have 5 knives almost done, one is an order then I'll have 4 up for grabs. I'm working on parts/materials/tooling for older orders so selling some stuff but have a big backlog. $400 in tooling etc is here now for that stuff...

I'm also waiting on materials/etc or new knives, 9 new designs in the works.

I've been playing lots of guitar when I'm not in the shop! I hope to have a band together pretty soon.

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys! Lots of knives in the pipeline... new designs and old classics!

I will do some special deals and Bladeforums only sales here. Let's get this forum going!!!

10. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Good morning!!!!!!!!!

11. IMWILSON

IMWILSON Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2011
    Hey @Daniel Fairly Knives , I'm not machining any more. Changed jobs back in July. I'm a technician at an auto parts manufacturing plant. Better pay and benefits. I'm making fuel injectors now. I trouble shoot around 15 machines. Always something new to learn. Rarely gets boring.

12. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Saturday AM, before the house is awake. Coffee in hand. Bladeforums on the laptop.

Hope others are enjoying the morning.

13. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Doing the same, really happy that there’s more action in these parts!:cool: Spring is here!:p

14. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    That sounds good, you can't beat better pay and an interesting job.

15. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Coffee!!!!! I'm having a second round today...

16. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Me too! I'll have more knives up soon! I'm taking it easy right now as I got my eye shot last week but plan on grinding this afternoon.

Spring is here and I have 5 foot tall snowbanks and several feet on the ground, Winter was brutal!!! The shop had snow right to the top of the roof and one shed got partially crushed!

New designs might be out this week, it depends when stuff gets here! I'm excited!

IMWILSON likes this.
  17. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    An eye shot... :eek:

Is that as awful as it sounds?

18. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Not painful but not exactly pleasant! You can see the needle go in which is really weird, pretty sore afterwards. I finally made it back in the shop today and got some grinding done... also working on getting lenses for my new full face respirator "in respirator" glasses.

19. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    ...barely anything available right now but look out later next week! I should finally have a few new models out.

20. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Good morning! Expecting A LOT OF materials tomorrow!!!!!