Fall is snarking at your door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In on two (I think).

My old man turned 80 today.

He celebrated early by falling and breaking his hip on Saturday and having surgery on Sunday.

The big event for his actual birthday was moving from the hospital to the rehab! WooHoo!

Getting old ain't for sisses.

In on two (I think).
My old man turned 80 today.
He celebrated early by falling and breaking his hip on Saturday and having surgery on Sunday.
The big event for his actual birthday was moving from the hospital to the rehab! WooHoo!
Getting old ain't for sisses.

I am sad to hear that Dunkem. I had the unenviable duty of picking my pop up off the floor, knowing that he had a serious injury. He was 86. I was in the next room when he fell. I thought ahead and spread a blanket on a recliner, then lay him there as best as I could. The EMT's said it was a good idea to transfer him to a gurney with the blanket. They put a titanium rod into his femur ultimately.
I wish him a speedy recovery.

Morning Beckerheads! I have Friday off and I get to mow and weedeat! Woo hoo!

Tanker, since the Fall season is almost upon us, I was thinking about picking up a Patrol machete to play with. ;)

I sandblasted one for mb and boy did it look nice! I should have kept it longer to play with it for a bit!

Yes, Karma is real! I'd like to do some mods on a knife and do a giveaway of some sort here in the Becker forums. Something different. Maybe one of my sandblasted pieces of work!

I walked into a Antique shop on Saturday and found a Western L66 Official Boy Scout knife like new. $15.00 and he knocked it down to $12.00 for that old thing lol What goes around comes around

I walked into a Antique shop on Saturday and found a Western L66 Official Boy Scout knife like new. $15.00 and he knocked it down to $12.00 for that old thing lol What goes around comes around

I need to start going into pawn shops myself to see what I can find. Some of the coolest things I've seen have been bought out of hock!

I need to start going into pawn shops myself to see what I can find. Some of the coolest things I've seen have been bought out of hock!
When I was in the Army i would buy pawn tickets from the guys when the were about to expire. I would guesstimate the items value. Give them a few bucks (They were going to lose it anyway) Get it out of pawn, go to the next shop, pawn it for full value, make a profit and walk away. Only works if your around a military base full of young,dumb and full of c** GIs

When I was in the Army i would buy pawn tickets from the guys when the were about to expire. I would guesstimate the items value. Give them a few bucks (They were going to lose it anyway) Get it out of pawn, go to the next shop, pawn it for full value, make a profit and walk away. Only works if your around a military base full of young,dumb and full of c** GIs

Makes all the sense in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back