favorite/s swamp rats

boring

Gold Member
I love the rodent series. I have the 9,6,4. the rat that I think I like the most is the ratmandeux le?. Love the melt down on it. I really like my 9 too. too tuff. what are yours?

Love the Ratmandu...
but the reality is that they're too big for me to carry most of the time. (Legal restrictions, not physical limitations.)
The Rodent Solution is a keeper; and I really like the Rodent 3. (If the Custom Shop ever opens for orders, I've got a couple more 3s in mind).

The only rats I have came with my grab bags ; a CSR3, a Mini-Vex, and a Rucki. The R3 handle doesn't feel quite right to me, but I can definitely use it. The MV is much more comfortable in hand when using the choil, and is probably my favorite. The straight handle on the Rucki feels the best, and I love it. I secretly play mall ninja with behind closed doors. Planning on taking the MV, Rucki, and a BG Pork Chop out for christening today. The CSR3 is part of my growing CS collection, which I intend to keep in mint condition. Will report back any updates.

For my $$$, the Waki beats the Rucki (and the BG-AK47)
Post up a pic of the R3, if you don't mind.

What gives the Waki the edge, iyo? Is it the addition force that can be leveraged with the longer handle, the cost to value, or...?

Still haven't gotten the hang of pictures, but I'll give it a shot. My pictures don't do the knife justice. The wood is a dark purple, and the liners are a green/teal color.

L3dlVZk

In case that doesn't work...

https://m.imgur.com/ieCugEQ?r
https://m.imgur.com/pB9imuV?r
https://m.imgur.com/L3dlVZk?r

Last edited:
BATTLE RAT! Far and away my favorite chopper. Balance forward, bites like a pitbull!
Also have a D Guard but all the weight is in the handle.
Ratmandeaux LE #4 also love the design, just haven't been able to use it and mess up my satin. ;)

Lovin' the heck out of a Ratweiler that I recently acuired. It's definitely making moves for top position in my favorite midsize Busse/Kin blade.

Chopweiler, of course!!! :D :cool:

IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2097.JPG

Of course, the venerable RatManDu... :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_2110.JPG
IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG

And speaking of the Desert Jack...

IMG_2092.JPG

Another model I use a LOT! I think I have more of these than any other Busse or 'Kin. Had around a dozen of these at one point. I think I'm down to 6 or 8 now, lol. The Swamp Warden!!!

IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG
IMG_2096.JPG

The KDSH is one of my most used camping tools.

IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_2111.JPG

And the Swamp Rat swords are pretty awesome. :D

IMG_2112.JPG
IMG_2113.JPG

I love the Rodent 3 as a fixed blade carry knife.

IMG_2114.JPG
IMG_2116.jpg

But if I was forced to pick a favorite, it'd probably be my custom shop, one-of-a-kind, satin Rodent Trail. :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG

Kinda fell hard for the M's over the last few months..started w/ an M9LE, I have a steril M6 on the way from AZCK.

Plans on a HRLM, and just picked up a Rat Hunter today.

Y4tylfy.jpg

M9s are awesome :thumbsup: I always thought they should have gained more mainstream popularity.

:thumbsup:

Not just my favorite swamprat, but my flat out favorite user period, another variation on the RT.....

xn05Qoc.jpg

W8WC2V5l.jpg
Hey Dave, (or Andy if you wanna drop some hunting knowledge) Firstly, just wondering if you do NOT like the upswept tip on the Rodent Trail for hunting? If so, why?

Or is it simply a preference to have a drop point? Again, why? Haha

I only fish currently and enjoyed the original profile for gutting/filleting snapper/gummy shark/marlin etc etc. I can imagine it getting in the way if you were skinning out a deer hide for example, but then again, i'm just a lowsey fisherman :D

Please, enlighten me!

Cheers fellas :thumbsup:

Back