Favorite Swamp Rat

Bandicoot. By a country mile. Yeah, it surprised me too... ;)

Absolutely! It is my favorite and most-used Rat. Almost a perfect fish-cleaning knife. With a thinner blade it would be perfect. Would also be a great field-dressing knife for small game up through Whitetail Deer. Best handle material I have ever used for fish slime or blood covered work.

My favorite Swamp Rat blade.....:D

DSC_0100.jpg

Nice wrap on the hawk.

Thanks! I learned how to wrap it from SpyderPreak's how-to thread, I would have never figured it out myself......;) I actually just re-wrapped it yesterday in the same style but I made it so that the twisted parts stick up more so it fills the hand much better now.

I had a micarta handled KD Sniper Hawk from Blade 2012 before these were released, but traded it once I got my hands on the M/O Kill Devil. I believe the cord wrap makes much more sense for something that may be thrown and it also increases the utility of the tool itself. The wrap is VERY comfortable now and if it ever becomes damaged I can replace it myself, rather than having to send it in for repair/replacement. Great work, guys!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I am with you on the wrapped handle. I have one on my BOB. it is always nice to know you have 20ft of cord with you. :thumbup:

As a guy who stumbled in here trying to decide with SRKW to order for my first...this has not made it any easier..lol.

Great pics!

As a guy who stumbled in here trying to decide with SRKW to order for my first...this has not made it any easier..lol.

Great pics!

My recommendation for someone looking for a Rat is just about always the same, and its based on how much you want to spend. For a decent price and a hell of a knife you can not go wrong with the RMD. For someone with more to spend and wanting a knife that could cut down a highrise building if need be the Chopwieler is an amazing knife. Both of these imo are the two best knives to ever come out of the Swamp.

You like the Rucki more than the Waki? Why? I'm 6-5 and was hoping for the longer Waki but may buy the Rucki just because it's available.

You can still order the Waki through the Swamp Rat Custom Shop, even though it isn't listed on their website......;):thumbup:

My new favorite Swamp Rat is the Chopweiler I just traded for a small Sebenza 21, nothin' bad about the Chopweiler it was too much chopper for me, I couldn't bring myself to use it, it was a perfect knife but one that would have just sat in the drawer but because of it I was able to get me the Sebenza I've always wanted.

Now on the other hand my Howlin' Rat is usually never more than arms reach away.

I have owned a couple over the years, I liked the RMD a lot, but I have to say, I really like the Ratweiler. Awesome.
I want an M9 as well, I think that would be sweet to own.

Back