1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 20 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker BO734 Urban Trapper Cocobolo, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday May 18!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, May 19 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Fiddleback Bushboot Showcase

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Gevonovich, May 9, 2015.

1. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    It's tough to choose a favorite but I suppose I'd have to say the DIW with black and green TT 1/8" so far. Most get carried and used but it takes a while to rotate them all through my edc.

Nbrackett and pertinux like this.
  2. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    Tomorrow morning I'm heading out for camping and atv riding. I'll be carrying my newly acquired Bushboot in Osage with natural and white along with its matching Babyboot. ;)

3. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  4. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Quick now, did you hear that?

... A subtle sound of @Lady1911 making whatever noise goes:

[​IMG]

~ P.

NoRest, Nbrackett and Lady1911 like this.
  5. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Not so subtle....
    I’m JEALOUS!!! :thumbsup:;)

NoRest and Nbrackett like this.
  6. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

~ P.

7. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    Nbrackett, Tekton and VANCE like this.
  9. Turbodiesel69

Turbodiesel69 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Very nice. My daughter would love that burlap!

Tekton and Nbrackett like this.
  10. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    it's micarta

11. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Micarta

12. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
  13. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very nice collections/users in this thread. This one was waiting in my mailbox today after a long hot day. What a nice surprise:cool::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOLA, Warrior108, Wurrwulf and 8 others like this.
  14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    That's a good looking combo Paul

that might be one of my favorite Bushboots

Congrats!

paulhilborn likes this.
  15. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
  16. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Lady1911 and NoRest like this.
  17. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    A little backstory first: I have always had a high pain threshold, doesn't mean I'm a tough guy even though I like to think so:) but today I grabbed my mail blindly by simply reaching in to grab it as I have done countless times. My neighbor races dirt track Saturday nights and starts up a friendly conversation and as I'm walking towards him I feel this pain in my index fingers knuckle and as I get closer to my neighbor this pain is seriously ramping up. Finally it's off the charts, I have a wasp trapped between my knuckle and my mail. He repeatedly is stinging to the point where I drop my mail and am in pure agony:eek::eek::eek: my neighbor found the spectacle of me writhing in pain quite funny:D

I look down and he is mortally wounded as I squeezed my fist in the process. His pincers however are still moving, and as anger sweeps over me I moved his carcass to the landscape timbers by my mailbox and with Bushboot in hand I make certain there is no chance of a repeat episode evero_O As a rule I hold to, "Live and let live" today was the exception to the rule. A week ago I discovered a 2" wide by 3" hive in the newspaper slot below the mailbox itself, with wasp/hornet spray in hand (the kind that shoots 20+ feet), I relocated them. Today they took revenge:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hard to imagine that so much pain derives from such an innocent looking sting:(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Ironbut, Lady1911, Gevonovich and 3 others like this.
  18. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    Scotcha, Ironbut, VANCE and 4 others like this.
  19. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
  20. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Like the curves to the bushboots and I like the one that paulhilborn received.