Fiddleback community center

A friend died last night. He was in a bad car accident last week (t-boned at the drivers door) and he never recovered. His death is affecting me in profound ways that I am struggling to understand. He also was a minister. Thanks for your support and for thinking of his family during this difficult time.

I also will not be online for a few days now. Going camping with "elective family" (you know, the family you choose. Looking forward to some time unplugged and unwinding. There will be Fiddlebacks. 😄

Peace all.

Michael

Praying for you and the other family.

A friend died last night. He was in a bad car accident last week (t-boned at the drivers door) and he never recovered. His death is affecting me in profound ways that I am struggling to understand. He also was a minister. Thanks for your support and for thinking of his family during this difficult time.

I also will not be online for a few days now. Going camping with "elective family" (you know, the family you choose. Looking forward to some time unplugged and unwinding. There will be Fiddlebacks. ��

Peace all.

Michael

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Michael. Try and stay positive brother. Prayers out to you and your friend's family.

Have fun camping. Take lots of pics.

Hi Michael,

I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Take comfort in knowing that he is with Jesus now after having run the good race. I obviously didn't know your friend personally, but he must have been a very loving person to dedicate his life to the ministry and the lives of so many. He left a big legacy to those he touched in his life. Honoring that legacy, and then building upon it, is often the hardest thing for family and friends to do. I pray that the weekend away will give you some peaceful time for reflection.

Phil

I also will not be online for a few days now. Going camping with "elective family" (you know, the family you choose. Looking forward to some time unplugged and unwinding. There will be Fiddlebacks. ��

Peace all.

Michael

Michael
Sorry to hear the news of your friends passing.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and also his.

Mick

Michael, I'm sorry to hear about your friend the minister that passed away. Will be praying for his family and those that were in his care as they go through a really tough time with lots of questions. My pastor, who was also my boss and friend, was killed in a car wreck 12 years ago. It's a tough time to go through.

Some of you might know about the situation my father is going through. I thought I'd update you with the latest and ask for continued prayers for him and my mom.

About 4 years ago he was diagnosed with Stage III Melanoma that had started in his leg and moved to the lymph nodes. Surgery was done and treatment started and he was clean until February this year when they found it in his lungs during a routine scan meaning it had reached Stage IV. Surgery was again performed and a more aggressive treatment put in place to try and slow down the growth and spread. The first few scans after that had come up clean, but the latest one shows that it's still spreading in his lung. They will be doing a followup scan in a while to see how quickly it's growing to determine the course of action.

In the meanwhile, my dad is still being my dad, which means going 100 miles an hour. The treatments are hard on him. So I ask for prayers for him; for healing of the cancer, for strength as he goes through treatment, and that he'll realize that it's ok to slow down a little and recuperate. I also ask prayers for my mom for strength as she goes through this with him.

I'm trying to get up to MN to spend some more time with them in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!
Nathan

Michael,

So sorry to hear about your friend. Our time here is short and unpredictable. It sounds like as a minister, he focused on the important things in this life. Sending prayers to you and his family.

Best,

Tod

Nathan, hard to read about your dad. Will be praying for you and your family. It's hard to see loved ones go through these trials. My dad was diagnosed with ALS a couple years ago. It has been hard to see a strong hard working man brought to the point he's at now. I do thank God for each day though. My mom retired early to stay and take care of my dad. It's hard being 8000 miles away too!

Prayers for you and your family Nathan. Stay strong and positive brother.

Nathan:

Thoughts & prayers for you Dad & your Mom to have the strength to persevere and make the journey to healing & recovery.

Peter

Nathan,

Sending prayers for peace and healing to your dad and mom in this tough time. I hope you can work it out to get to get up there and spend some time with them. Thanks for sharing with us.

Best,

Tod

So sorry to hear about your Friend Pastor Michael. Being a shepherd and staying steadfast in one's faith in God is a lonely and challenging road, I've experienced it with my dad having been a pastor for many years. Prayers go out to his family, his friends, and of course to you. Hope God provides the necessary consolation and encouragement for your heart. But I also rejoice in knowing that your friend is with our father in Heaven.

Peace all.

Michael

Hey Nathan, prayers going out your way for your father and mother. My fiance and I've been going through a similar situation with her "poppee" as he's a had a series of surgeries from both a mechanical injury and a cancer. He's pretty much on his couch most days, and needs a respirator to breath properly. We've been trying to spend as much time with him and grandma. I'm glad to hear you're planning to visit. Praying for building of memories that'll last a lifetime, and sharing of your love for one another.
Some of you might know about the situation my father is going through. I thought I'd update you with the latest and ask for continued prayers for him and my mom.

About 4 years ago he was diagnosed with Stage III Melanoma that had started in his leg and moved to the lymph nodes. Surgery was done and treatment started and he was clean until February this year when they found it in his lungs during a routine scan meaning it had reached Stage IV. Surgery was again performed and a more aggressive treatment put in place to try and slow down the growth and spread. The first few scans after that had come up clean, but the latest one shows that it's still spreading in his lung. They will be doing a followup scan in a while to see how quickly it's growing to determine the course of action.

In the meanwhile, my dad is still being my dad, which means going 100 miles an hour. The treatments are hard on him. So I ask for prayers for him; for healing of the cancer, for strength as he goes through treatment, and that he'll realize that it's ok to slow down a little and recuperate. I also ask prayers for my mom for strength as she goes through this with him.

I'm trying to get up to MN to spend some more time with them in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!
Nathan

I hope you're able to find some solace in the days ahead and come to some understanding. Hope you enjoyed the camping trip too!

Best wishes for all in your family! My father passed away several years ago from asthma-related heart problems but we could never slow him down either. We had dinner together less than an hour before he died and I'm still incredibly thankful for all we talked about that night.

I'm changing my name from crm3137 to trestle. I've probably posted more in this forum than others so thought I would let you all know.

Geez, just saw on the news that Robin Williams died of an apparent suicide (depression). Sad. That guy made billions of people laugh over the years, and maybe forget their life for just a little while. I'd be happy if, (during my lifetime) I could contribute just a fraction of that goodwill to the planet. RIP my brother!

Geez, just saw on the news that Robin Williams died of an apparent suicide (depression). Sad. That guy made billions of people laugh over the years, and maybe forget their life for just a little while. I'd be happy if, (during my lifetime) I could contribute just a fraction of that goodwill to the planet. RIP my brother!

Very sad man. He was one of the greats. To this day I'll watch What Dreams May Come and Good Morning Vietnam on TV no matter how far into the movie it's is.

No one did a better impersonation of a hot dog.

GcQKCtl.jpg

Last edited:
Our human condition is so frail, so broken, so full of pain. Where does our hope come from? This is my third attempt to respond to this thread this evening, after deleting all previous attempts due to lack of...

To my brothers mourning great loss, I pray for comfort and understanding. To my brothers battling with illness, I pray for healing. Lastly, I pray for the ability to surrender self in all relationships that I have both hear on earth and with Christ my Savior.

Last edited:
Back