1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddleback community center

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Joe Duder, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Great news, Jerry. Congrats!

2. Cdmayhem

Cdmayhem Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Reconciliation is truly wonderful. Many congratulations to you and yours!

3. LaRueOBR556

LaRueOBR556 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2015
    That's awesome 👍
    You know how people hand out cigar's after they have a baby boy?
    In honor of your exciting news you would feel even better handing out some of those knives to celebrate!
    😉

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    What a fantastic idea. I think he'd feel best starting with that bog oak collection.
    Alas, I think we'll have to settle for cigars. Probably have to supply them ourselves.

5. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    Congrats! Where's the second honeymoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Congrats Jerry!

7. fatboyclone

fatboyclone Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Congrats!

8. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    Hey Jerry that's a fine Story and a lot of credit to the two of you for seeing something larger in your lives! Congratulations my friend!

9. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Congratulations Jerry. Well done to the both of you & my best wishes.

10. schmittie

schmittie Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 28, 2009

I'll echo what others have already said. Congrats on having your family together again. I truly wish you all the best, not only to be together as a family, but be together happily with lots of love.

11. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I can't say it better than that. :thumbup:

I hope for good things for all of you, Jerry.

~ P.

12. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Curated Handmade Knives and Related Outdoor Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    This is great news. Jerry, congratulations and best wishes on Matrimony 2.0! You do it right because you do it twice!
    - Robert

13. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    This is sort of like the old Carpenter's rule, "Measure twice, cut once." Jerry morphed it into, "Choose once, marry twice." The bottom line with both is about making wise decisions that stand the test of time.

Congratulations again Jerry on doing it right!

Phil

14. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    My first marriage lasted 3 years. Worst time of my life. Almost sent me broke and broke my spirit.

Meeting April is probably the best thing that's happened to me apart from my two kids. Lucky when you find your soulmate.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  15. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    My oldest, my firstborn son: stationed on the other side of the country from me since October 2015, deployed elsewhere from there May-Nov of this year...

[​IMG]

... coming home to me tonight.

O, my little heart.

~ P.

16. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Glad to hear he's coming home. My father deployed from Camp Pendelton in 1951, fourteen years before I came along, heading for Korea. Tell him we said thank you for his service.

17. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Jerry,
    I have been divorced twice and married now for the last time. :) I admire anyone who can grow through the difficulties and come out stronger on the other side- Cheers to you and your wife! :)

P,
    Please pass along my sincere thanks to your son and your entire family. It takes strong support to get him through and he certainly seems to have it.

Bill

18. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    That is awesome and just in time for the Holidays. How long is the visit for / is he visiting or done with a term? In any event, please extend our thanks for his service and enjoy your time together.

- Jerry

19. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hi Everyone! I'm sorry I didn't get back to this sooner but its been a crazy week and busy time of the year as I'm sure you're all experiencing. I appreciate all the kind words and really appreciate everyone holding back the "What!? Have you lost your mind?" and referrals to psychiatrists. LOL

Thanks Justin! I'm positive we're in a better place and remaining optimistic for the future. We had pre-nups this time that included things like "A minimum of one date a month" so that we carve out some time for ourselves and to stay connected among the craziness.

Thanks Brian!

Thanks Phil!

Thanks Phillip!

Thanks Orion!

Thanks Tony!

Thanks Caleb!

Thanks Sir! Yes, it is awesome. Unfortunately I don't smoke so I have no cigars on hand and unfortunately all of the knives have been put into a Trust for our daughters. (see response to Tony below)

Remember, you don't drink and I don't do cigars/smoking? :) During the divorce, the Wife set her sights (no pun intended) on my favorite HK that I just got setup perfectly. She demanded my USP Compact 9mm that I just setup with green/yellow Trijicon sights, upgraded and smoothed internals and swapped out to be light LEM. This time, the knives and guns are to go to the Girls, in the future. I'm sure I'll see looks from them that you've mentioned your Sons getting when they're scheming how to get their inheritance sooner than later. lol

Thanks Heeso! Well, we got married in "Sickness and in Sickness" (bad cold for me, inner ear infections for her) .. Immediately after, we went to the Dr to get shots in the behind (steroids and antibiotics) and then we went to Sonic Drive Thru for lunch and then Academy for kiddos' Christmas shopping. We pulled out all the stops including insurance and debit cards. :D

Thanks Nathan!

Thanks Douglas! We've always worked togehter for the Girls' sakes and so they had consistency. The kids are definitely in the priority list but it helps if there is a strong couple/parents to be there for the foundation.

Thanks Abe!

Thanks Schmittie! Amen to those words!

Thanks Sarah!

Thanks Robert! ... that's what she said ;)

Thanks again Phil! We can only hope ..

Thanks Bill!

20. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017