• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

Fiddleback Flea Market

Choppaman

Gold Member
Listing a J. Fleming Skinner SOLD

2lRAytY.jpg

Last edited:

Pokerface

Gold Member
Got a few that are looking for a new home:

1. Hiking Buddy, Crotch Walnut on black g10 with a white g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, convex on 5/32” thick Fiddletextured CPM 154 Steel. Asking: SOLD

gYakTIOl.jpg

2. Sylvrfalcen, Cocobolo over natural canvas bolsters, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32” A2 steel. Asking $300.00 -----> $275.00

IM6Ghvyl.jpg

3. Bushcrafter Jr, Green Box Elder Burl over natural canvas w/ white g10 pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” thick spalted 01steel. Asking: $300.00 -----> $250.00

f7Lqw3Wl.jpg

4. Arete, Cornflower Blue G-10 over natural canvas bolsters, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” thick, spalted A2 steel. Asking: SOLD

aOoqYH0l.jpg

If you have interest in a particular knife please shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos. Prices are STYD, CONUS Only. Not interested in any trades at this time.

Thanks for looking !

Peter

Note: Remaining knives are cross posted in the Exchange. Time stamps will apply.

PM sent

Got a few that are looking for a new home:

1. Hiking Buddy, Crotch Walnut on black g10 with a white g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, convex on 5/32” thick Fiddletextured CPM 154 Steel. Asking: SOLD

gYakTIOl.jpg

2. Sylvrfalcen, Cocobolo over natural canvas bolsters, SFT, Convex on spalted 3/32” A2 steel. Asking $300.00 -----> $275.00

IM6Ghvyl.jpg

3. Bushcrafter Jr, Green Box Elder Burl over natural canvas w/ white g10 pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” thick spalted 01steel. Asking: $300.00 -----> $250.00

f7Lqw3Wl.jpg

4. Arete, Cornflower Blue G-10 over natural canvas bolsters, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” thick, spalted A2 steel. Asking: SOLD

aOoqYH0l.jpg

If you have interest in a particular knife please shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos. Prices are STYD, CONUS Only. Not interested in any trades at this time.

Thanks for looking !

Peter

Note: Remaining knives are cross posted in the Exchange. Time stamps will apply.
I’ll take the bushcraft jr.

Oh my goodness, look at this place, what a ghost town. I dropped out about 4 years ago but came back for a sheath recommendation and geeze, what a shame. I was pretty tired of being told that we all wanted burlap every week and could not ask for a nice wood skin on an F2 even if we were willing to wait 2, 3 or 6 months for it to slip into the production cycle. Andy is so talented but the whole I know better than you what you want has just gutted this place. There are just so many other talented, innovative craftsman out there for the FF attitude to survive. You can create scarcity with limited runs of product and people will fall all over themselves to get those few, rare releases by ANDY freaking ROY. Until one day they just don't sit on the Friday release and realize they really don't want another nice tang in a purple burlap wrapper. What a waste.

Hurrul

Gold Member
Oh my goodness, look at this place, what a ghost town. I dropped out about 4 years ago but came back for a sheath recommendation and geeze, what a shame. I was pretty tired of being told that we all wanted burlap every week and could not ask for a nice wood skin on an F2 even if we were willing to wait 2, 3 or 6 months for it to slip into the production cycle. Andy is so talented but the whole I know better than you what you want has just gutted this place. There are just so many other talented, innovative craftsman out there for the FF attitude to survive. You can create scarcity with limited runs of product and people will fall all over themselves to get those few, rare releases by ANDY freaking ROY. Until one day they just don't sit on the Friday release and realize they really don't want another nice tang in a purple burlap wrapper. What a waste.
It's true - one can't make a custom request as Fiddleback/Andy Roy does not accommodate individual orders. Unless you were in on a group buy in the last few years.

Indeed, there are other talented knife makers. Andy himself has personally seen to the increase in knife makers buy apprenticing various current makers. I also see his influence on the offerings of other craftsman who did not graduate within Andy's shop.

He also partly owns & manages a knife supply shop - Pops Knife - that helps knife makers, old and new, make knives or obtain the materials to do so.

It's well and good if you have moved on, but Andy has not quit making great knives. His catalog of diverse designs plus very functional handles combined with unmistakable aesthetics, grows and he continues to sell knives. He's done more for the knife making world and knife community in general, than I ever will. By far.

I don't believe that this sub forum being less active, means as much about the ill consequences of his "scarcity" tactics as you might think. Limited quantities is not stopping me from being grateful to own some of his work, use it and be pleased by it.

Truly, Andy does not have time to be on his sub-forum and that is unfortunate, but the forum is not why I bought his knives anyway.

Bmurray

Gold Member
Andy is a complete douchebag. Just ask joufuu. 🤣

Choppaman

Gold Member
This is somewhat of a mung topic but while it's here.

I have nothing but solid respect for Andy. He doesn't always respond to me Johnny on the spot but he always does respond. He is a busy person like Hurrul Hurrul indicated. I can't agree more with how he has/is helping others through his apprenticeships and sales at Pops. Yes, things have changed some around here, but it is undeniable that there is still a very solid following, friendship and comradery here on the fiddleback Forum. Hey, interests change! no doubt. If it isn't your thing it's all good. If it's not the right knife for you anymore then no worries! Best thing is to support who you want and provide positive feedback in that particular group/forum. Like you said, there are a lot of amazing makers out there.

And as I was typing this, we can't forget about our beloved Bmurray Bmurray and his occasional post. LOL

Khanvoy44 Khanvoy44 - Warrior108 Warrior108 and myself was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't a Fiddleback Forge knife cutting that Cheese.

Choppaman

Gold Member
Both JBK knives are sold. The Appalachian has been relisted.

Friends and Family only for payment.

I would like to move along a few knives from my collection. These have not been used or carried. One from Cody (Fiddleback Apprentice/Knife Maker) and two from Joey (Fiddleback Apprentice/Knife maker/Pops knife supply). No trades. No other offers. I'm selling these for far less than half price. Just hoping someone wants to get a closer look at these. Prices include ConUS shipping. Let me know if you have any questions.

SOLD Knife 2: JB Knifeworks GPK (general purpose knife) - OAL 7 1/2" - Blade 3" x 11/64" - 1084 full distal taper - $125.00 *pre fiddleback forge days NOW $95 FF SOLD
9RLUyAz.jpg

wYcIiWs.jpg

LdkM93o.jpg

NOW SOLD Knife 3" JB Knifeworks Lg. GPK - OAL 8 1/2" - Blade 4 1/8" x 3/16" - 1084 full distal taper- $125.00 *pre fiddleback forge days
2CF6IgG.jpg

mDUCN6J.jpg

0zmtRsL.jpg

Last edited:

w.t. anderson

Gold Member
Anyone have a Handyman they are looking to sell or perhaps a Bushboot? A nice tang in Purple Burlap wrapper a plus.
If you're serious, I have an available FBF Handyman in Desert Ironwood with orange liners that's just been SOLD AND SHIPPED.

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_145405210~2.jpg
    IMG_20220202_145405210~2.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220202_145418599~2.jpg
    IMG_20220202_145418599~2.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220202_145430941~2.jpg
    IMG_20220202_145430941~2.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: