Fiddleback Friday 12/12/14

I was eyeing that patch knife. The blue pinstripes, natural pins, and lemon/orange swirls in the wood are going to look wonderful out in the sun. Nice score.

I am so glad at the moment that the 3FK is green and not natural, or I would just do something really stupid most likely. I was just thinking earlier that I really need a natural canvas 3FK to make a piggy back sheath on my machete for. I believe those two would be a formidable set that would cover any cutting need on my photography outings without getting too heavy.

[QUOTE
After that, my guess is you'll never hear about the Fiddleback machete again. And like that....poof... they'll be gone.[/QUOTE]

Machetes are here to stay, I have taken them over. I am trying to crank out 20 a month, at least.

Machetes are here to stay, I have taken them over. I am trying to crank out 20 a month, at least.

And doing an excellent job of it I might add. The handle on this one feels awesome bro.

DSC_0747.jpg

Mist, is this your first Fiddleback machete? The handle on my new one (same as yours) is quite a bit more shapely than mine from 2010, similar to how the knife handles have changed.

Lost in all of this is Kirkwood. Thanks my friend for the info! I'm sorry but I was coerced by these enabling 3.

I also wanted to live a fuller, richer, more informed and rewarding life full of Style, manners, money, culture, and cuisine... But ... It's back to Walmart now. Sigh ...
LOL. No worries. My Asp is one of my favorites. And that 3FK and and EDK are both on to new owners. So I would've been no help against the coercion. That curly oak looks spectacular! A special piece for sure.

Mist, is this your first Fiddleback machete? The handle on my new one (same as yours) is quite a bit more shapely than mine from 2010, similar to how the knife handles have changed.

No it's my second, and the handle does seem tweaked a little bit. My first was one of thee first. This one does feel really good in hand.

Yes, my original had very full-sized handles that I've reshaped (with permission) for a better fit. The micarta slabs were quite thick.

The new machete handles are shaped and tapered like a current Fiddleback knife; making them ideal in a pinch grip and easy to snap cut with, good traits for a machete. The 16" is particularly agile and quick in the hand while the 12" remains the perfect chopper/camp knife for a Nessmuck trio, as noted by the designer.

I love machetes and the news from Allen is AWESOME!! Can't wait to see what he whips up, perhaps something beyond the natural and black. Good times are ahead for all of us as the Forge continues to grow.

Yeah, with Allen, there is no telling, and I am glad to see they won't be going away. If he busts out a green handle with orange pin stripes I'll be looking at getting a third :)

Lost in all of this is Kirkwood. Thanks my friend for the info! I'm sorry but I was coerced by these enabling 3.

I also wanted to live a fuller, richer, more informed and rewarding life full of Style, manners, money, culture, and cuisine... But ... It's back to Walmart now. Sigh ...

Coercion? I'm hurt lol :D

Mazama, welcome to the forums! Pretty sure that one has been sold. But new ones come up every friday on a first come first serve basis. If you go to page 7, you'll see a list of the ones still available in this set. I believe there is an esquire, asp, and three finger karda still up for grabs.

I have a feeling this crimson Esquire may be about to land me in the dog house...is this just an esquire thing or what?

First off, I'd like to give a big, hearty thanks to Vayu!! You are certainly going above and beyond the call of duty my friend. Thank you for everything!

Ill take the leuku
2014 1212 25 – Leuku with dyed Black Curly Mango over natural with white pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 3/16” spalted 01 steel - $390

Payment sent, let me know if I screwed that up!

Thanks,
Dustin

You got it Dustin! Very nice knife you're getting here. Thanks!

You're quite the marketeer, Vayu. :D:thumbup:

Amen.

Good Lord ... OK OK You win!

Scrap an EDC, I'll take:

2014 1212 11 – ASP with dyed Curly Oak over natural with white pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $300

All yours! Thank you.

2014 1212 08 – Patch knife with Black Ash burl over natural with blue pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $275

I'll take it!

You got it Forager! Thanks!

Black Bushraptor is back on the table.

Ironwood ASP is heading to our Australian dealer. (I bet you didn't know we even had one!)

What's left...

Black Herringbone Bushraptor
Crimson Esquire
3 Finger OD Green Karda

Last edited:
No problem, I just enjoy the community interactions.

Bamboo, check Taja on post 118 calling seconds on the bushraptor. Best,

Back