Fiddleback on Tap Saturdays

It's not Saturday, but close enough. One of my prized Fiddlebacks with a Joe Flowers MM. Might be one of the first Tyran's.
P1030656.JPG

Tried Makers Mark Bourbon for the first time tonight. It was okay but I think I like the Buffalo Trace Bourbon better.

Tried Makers Mark Bourbon for the first time tonight. It was okay but I think I like the Buffalo Trace Bourbon better.

Maker's is pretty much my standard on hand Bourbon, very "accustomed" to it, and I like it a lot. Been wanting to try Blanton's, I believe it is part of the Buffalo Trace family … next bottle will be Blanton's now for sure … thanks.

~ Edge

Buffalo Trace makes some great stuff! William Larue Weller and George Stagg are both produced by them.... GREAT, AMAZING Bourbons! I was a scotch drinker til I tried them, now, I drink American! :)

I enjoy Buffalo Trace and Makers Mark both but Woodford Reserve is my go to choice. I actually rotate between the 3.

Any thoughts on Big House bourbon?

I enjoy Buffalo Trace and Makers Mark both but Woodford Reserve is my go to choice. I actually rotate between the 3.

I've never seen that before! I think I might order some. Looks good! I do enjoy all Buffalo Trace products. I also like the Pappy Van Winkle 12 year. It has bunches of character. I like it even more than the 20. The 20 is just too smooth for me.

-Will

I was actually sitting in my deer blind posting in this thread on my phone. After I finished hunting (no activity tonight) I just had to stop at the store. I picked up a bottle of "Big House" that I mentioned earlier. Wow ... I am impressed. This has great flavor and yet is very smooth. I consider this an excellent value for a bourbon under $20.00. This might very well be my "on hand" bourbon from now on.

IMG_20131129_181554_472_zps310d6078.jpg

Buffalo trace for me, if I'm mixing with something like coke and just drinking then Old crow. Hey it's not bad for 7 bucks! I do love me some Blanton's when I'm feeling fancy and want a sipper though.
I'm also a fan of Mezcal... like barbaque in rocks glass.

Woodford Reserve is another one I've been eyeballing … and now on the "to try" list … as is "Big House" … this is starting to feel like my FFB wish list … I love this community!

~ Edge

Due to alcohol taxes in Norway a cheap whisky is $50+ :(

Might as well go for the good ones at $100+ then...

Last edited:
Eagle Rare is the next bourbon you should try. In my opinion, best everyday bourbon. Under $30 dollars too. I've tried as many as I can find.:very_drunk::very_drunk:
Blantons is very smooth for how strong it is, starting to get up there in price though. The selection is not great in my area. When I'm out of state always pick up a bottle of Baker's cause they don't sell that and alot of others in PA.

I blame you all.

IMG_2801_zpsa129bde9.png

Maker's Mark and Knob Creek are my go to or the occasional Woodford. But I had to try this out. Can always use a good, cheaper bourbon.

Eagle Rare is the next bourbon you should try. In my opinion, best everyday bourbon. Under $30 dollars too. I've tried as many as I can find.:very_drunk::very_drunk:
Blantons is very smooth for how strong it is, starting to get up there in price though. The selection is not great in my area. When I'm out of state always pick up a bottle of Baker's cause they don't sell that and alot of others in PA.

Baker's is AMAZING! so is the sister brand, Booker's!

-Will

willic,

It sure is. It's called Stagg Jr. and it was initially released in limited markets (not sure which ones). It's barrel proof at around 134 and I want to say its 9 years old. Future batches will be similar to this one in taste, but not identical. It's damn good neat or with a dash of water.

I picked that one up in Richmond, VA so you may be able to find it through your local ABC store.

Thurin, see if you can find Four Roses. It's a harder to find bourbon but really good!

Any other fiddle fans like to sip on crown royal? I like knob creek and makers mark, the knob creek seems to have more bite , while the makers mark is a bit smoother. Not saying its better, but the crown is smoother than both

Back